Greenline Twindoor on the drive (70 mile drive home)

It is here! I got an email from Lee at Preston Motors (London) yesterday to say the car was in and we agreed that I could collect it at midday today. I hopped on the train, got off at Forest Gate and a quick walk led me here.

P1230127.jpg

Thats my car! Not the green cut out of course, its the one on the right.

We spent time going over the forms and functions of the car but I'm aware that there is alot more left to read about/discover. I left to begin the drive home with 7 miles on the odometer and an mpg showing something very low. With stop start traffic through London and an average speed of 24mph by the time I got home some 2 and a half hours later I was expecting around 50mpg maximum on the dash but it actually gave me an average of 65mpg. I appreciate that its likely this is optermistic but the engine is literally brand new so whilst the real brim to brim figure will no doubt be lower, I'd also expect it to get slightly better as the engine loosens up.

I took some pics when I got it home :)

P1230134.jpg

P1230136.jpg

P1230137.jpg

P1230138.jpg

P1230139.jpg

Toys are plentiful as I speced quite abit

Greenline Twindoor Elegance

Park Assist

Kessy

Rear Blind with Side Blinds

Hill Hold control

Rear heated seats

Dimming mirror

Heated washer jets

All the standard Elegance bits

Most of these I've not really played with yet but the main reason for buying it is for its ecconomy and it looks like its going to be very good at that. Quite pleased :happy:

Thanks to Lee at Preston for excellent service.

• Like 1

Congratulations on your enlightened choice of vehicle. Great photos and a good colour choice, however, I'm slightly biased as I drive a Steel Grey GL Combi.

You might wish to consider removal of the downmarket Greenline wing stickers. These can be quickly and easily removed and make a small difference to the overall appearance.

I'd be interested in your fuel economy. Do you have a Spiritmonitor or Fuelly account? My GL has just had it's first service at a little over 19,000 miles and my average mpg to date is 63.70 (full-empty-full method). Driven carefully, I've recently achieved a shade over 900 miles to a tank.

Oddly, I don't mind the sticker. I'm not sure why but I presume its because I feel so positive about the car :)

I will setup a Fuelly account but need to wait until the first fillup which will be today. I wasn't sure about the colour but everyone has been very complimentary about it. The Mrs will be driving it later (she doesn't know yet) so that will be the ultimate test...

Managed 71.5mpg this morning on a 7 mile drive including traffic and a cold start. Thats on the OBC of course but my range has gone up to 680 with 62 miles traveled so far.

The car continues to impress.

Hi, can you confirm that the aircon fitted to the Greenline Elegance is the dual zone unit and what I would nornally refer to as 'climate' control' - ie actual temperature number selected then maintained by the unit rather than 'manual' aircon' where you can select only higher or lower temp but not an actual temp to be maintained by the aircon's thermostat.

Hope you know what I mean.

Jim

Thanks Cemesis.

I think I must be suffering from post purchase trauma and unfortunately picked up on the reference to 'manual' aircon in the equipment listing for the Elegance Greenline on what's left of SUK's crumby web site (no car configurator for two weeks and now access to customer Service unavailable although sadly that doesn't get you any worse information than actually getting through, in my opinion).

:wall:

Hoping to finalise my order for Elegance Greenline Twindoor early next week although already been relieved of the deposit.

Regards,

Jim

EDIT: It's odd but for the year or so I've been staring at these cars I just couldn't see past the shape of the Combi but suddenly I realised that I actually liked the twindoor better - and it wasn't just the current offer.. Maybe I just got fed up staring into the rear of van like vehicles...Peugeot 806, Rover 75 tourer then the Kia Sedona over the last 11 years or so).

Now I can't see past Candy White.

Edited by Claymore