CASTLE COMBE SPRING 2012 - PICS "PHOTO HEAVY" please add to

Lloyd55vrs

I've re-dressed the balance slightly. :) A video with no audio is never going to be appreciated,

Thanks Jason,I agree with you about the sound I guess I have to re-edit it some time next week when I have the time.

Any other pics Cliff?

Well after a good day yesterday, some **** has crashed into my car this evening, so will need a new front bumper, O/S/F wing, xenon headlight, complete grille assembly, numberplate surround and numberplate :wall:

Edited by SimonK24

Well after a good day yesterday, some **** has crashed into my car this evening, so will need a new front bumper, O/S/F wing, xenon headlight, complete grille assembly, numberplate surround and numberplate :wall:

Sorry to hear that Simon. :(

You were one of only a couple of people to overtake me on Saturday!

Any other pics Cliff?

Bad Times Si

I won't bother asking if you fancy joining us at Bedford in a weeks time.

I'm pretty sure you're in the folder of pics somewhere. I'll have a hunt later on

Any other pics Cliff?

The phrase rhymes with "Clucking Tankers" - hope you get it sorted with the minimum of fuss Si.

heres the vids of my first 2 sessions,1100 and 1215.dan1720v you pass us at 6.50 ish just as our car starts to play up!

I didn't realise I made the pass so close to folly's apex. Sorry! The BMW's moves were getting more and more risky as he was trying to stay ahead of me.

I didn't realise I made the pass so close to folly's apex. Sorry! The BMW's moves were getting more and more risky as he was trying to stay ahead of me.

No need to be sorry,i am always checking in my mirrors so would have seen you there.My car went in to limp mode just as you passed us,hence us pulling over after quarry to restart the engine,Was a bit gutted as i was having fun trying to stay with that white nova.Then it did it again on the next lap and eml came on. :wall:

Cheers chaps, insurance company have been very helpful, so hope it continues and will be fixed asap. Looking on the bright side, the front end will be resprayed so will get rid of those nasty stone chips (Barrie ;) )

Hope you guys have a good time at Bedford, shame I can't make it but will be watching all your times with envy!

Liked it Martyn. You were taking good lines throughout. Why were people parking in the chicanes? :giggle:
Anyone going to own up to being in the Red Fabia that ended up off the track facing the wrong way in Martyn's video? :hi:
Im not sure who it was but I followed him in there after a very unsafe move within the no overtaking area into Tower corner by another red Skoda. I'll say no more until they own up to it or the red Fabia has his say!

We all totally missed our braking zone approaching Bobbies.

The first time on video was partly due to me, although I don't know why people were turning round rather than going through the tyres and back on the other side of the chicane.

I was following a red Fabia VRS for a few corners. As I was gaining on him he started going wide on the corners and generously leaving me plenty of space to pass, but I was hanging back trying not to overtake on a corner.

I did then pass the red Fabia coming down the straight, possibly a little bit later than I expected, which I apologise for. The red Fabia then moved over to take up position behind me on the racing line.

Unfortunately I got a bit lost then and forgot about the chicane. So I didn't slow down enough and opted to carry straight on instead.

From my rear video it looked like the two fabias were following me, rather than the track, so realised they'd also missed the chicane too and left braking too late, but chose a different course of action. Looks like the black one escaped and just lost 10 seconds or so as he was further back, but from Martyn's video it seems like the red one did a U turn.

The black one caught me up three or four laps later.

http://youtu.be/5whYOVBV5SQ

Thanks Pasty. Shame my car is so dirty :S

Let me know if he has any of our session dude!

Your video was very helpful too, that big cloud of blue smoke as we pulled out of the pits = bad news :(

Any other pics Cliff?

Sorry to hear that I feel for you last year I had my car hit on the way home, is this the curse of the combe?

Great day even though the weather was horrible for the most of it. Nice to see some new and old faces!

I was faster for sure this time, I even overtook a few cars :o