12V Boot Socket

hazy

I tried to plug my own compressor into the boot socket to inflate the tyres. (I have a spare wheel so this is not the Skoda compressor).

The 12V boot socket has a red plastic circular spacer inside it which prevents the plug going in all the way. Does any body else have this on their Yeti? Have they managed to remove the red plastic spacer without damaging the socket?

I used the front 12V socket to inflate the tyres OK. That socket doesn't have the red plastic insert.

Silly question probably but is it supposed to work on yours ie it's not a silly economy measure on the 's' variant, only having the one in the cabin fitted?

Could this be the red plastic spacer:

12VCigaretteLighterPlug.png

Good call.

This plug can be used for the German DIN socket by removing the red plastic spacer, otherwise it stays put and is used as a convential plug in a "British" lighter socket.

The DIN plug/socket is capable of carrying higher currents and is a better made combination. You can get switched versions as well, very handy.

Looks like the red plastic part has become detached - have you had the car from new?

Thank you all for your help. It was indeed the red plastic spacer from the German DIN type plug of our electric coolbox, which was the last thing plugged in there.

• Like 2

Thank you all for your help. It was indeed the red plastic spacer from the German DIN type plug of our electric coolbox, which was the last thing plugged in there.

:rofl: Senior moment? We all have them.