car 'beeping' at me?

Morning all,the cars started 'beeping' 3 times [the same beep when its telling you to its low on coolant etc] at me sometimes on turning a sharp right, and once a red [!] appeared any ideas?

cheers Mark

Edited by MarkMac

If you are getting nasty noises from an outer cv I'd get it done sooner rather than later. I once had one disintegrate on a Jetta with no warning at all. Not a nice experience, fortunately it was n/s and I went into the grass verge instead of hitting the motor coming the other way.

cheers guys, ill check the fluid then, dont think the pads are 'ready' yet but will check anyway :) must be just pure coincidence then ?

cheers mark

Edited by MarkMac

Only two ways I can think of that the fluid has ended up low is if the pads have significantly worn since it was last topped up or if it's leaking from somewhere.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE

Morning all, bit of an update on this,

ok so as i thought it was the o/s outer cv joint knocking, so i replaced that shortly after posting this thread originally, also checked and topped up the brake fluid as suggested, but even when the reservoir is full im still getting this strange beeping [3 beeps equally spread out over a few seconds] everytime i accelerate with any kind of 'venon' for want of a better word from a junction in 1st or 2nd, and occasionally the brake light still flashes on for a second or so but thats very occasionally and even though the pads look fine from what i can see through the wheels at least , any ideas gents?

cheers mark

Edited by MarkMac

sounds like the handbrake switch needs adjusting. If you drive along when the problem is not occuring and pull hadbrake up (very very carefully) one click, if it makes same noise this might be it. But of course check pads etc for wear aswell

• Like 1

it will be easy but couldnt tell you exactly how. all i know is mine went "beep-beep-beep then 3-5 secs gap beep-beep-beep" that was when handbrake was up one click as i hadnt dissengaged it properly.

Try pushing down on it as you give it a bit of poke, that might eliminate it

• Like 1

It was a slight leak [even though i thought id checked that already] on a rear brake hose that wasnt quite as tight as it should have been probably since i had a new caliper fitted about a month or so ago, the fluid wasnt low in the reservoir as such so it makes sense that it only beeped when the front end lifted on acceeleration.

cheers mark