New Badges - Available yet?

except the clearance on them is ******, so you wont get them over your S3 calipers lol, that why I have both Zeniths and Neptunes! :)

Funny how they fit over mine (with a little bit of modification to the caliper that took all of 5 mins to do)

Funny how they fit over mine (with a little bit of modification to the caliper that took all of 5 mins to do)

You have sizable kahunas to taking a grinder to your calipers mate :-)

Hat off to you!

I've been desperately awaiting the new badges as I do honestly feel they look better than the old ones. I've just fired an eail over to my local dealer with the part numbers to get a price on a set.

Having never replaced any badges myself, just how easy/difficult is it to replace them?

Looking at them, the rear one almost looks "stuck" on. Is it a matter of getting something behind it to remove it and then putting the new one on? With the front grill one - how much hassle is that?

I've read your bit above about the wheel ones - hassle but doesn't look to difficult.

Ta

They are both stuck on, though the front has pins which go through the grille , mask off around the badge so you don't scratch , heat up the old badge with a hairdryer , use a trim removal tool or a small screwdriver to start it moving , then get either fishing wire or tooth floss behind it and pull , remove old glue using wd40 or gt85 with kitchen roll. Wipe with alcohol to remove any grease. Put new one on, remove masking and wax the area That sounds a long process but is easier than the wheel centers :happy:

They are both stuck on, though the front has pins which go through the grille , mask off around the badge so you don't scratch , heat up the old badge with a hairdryer , use a trim removal tool or a small screwdriver to start it moving , then get either fishing wire or tooth floss behind it and pull , remove old glue using wd40 or gt85 with kitchen roll. Wipe with alcohol to remove any grease. Put new one on, remove masking and wax the area That sounds a long process but is easier than the wheel centers :happy:

That doesn't sound to bad actually. I've actually got some fishing line - I've got no idea why as I've never fished in my life!

So a bit of heating, a little screwdriver working and off with the old.

The wheel centres sound like the time consuming part - to be honest it's the grill and rear ones that are most important anyway.

Cheers.

I can only assume that at some point I was planning on killing and then burrying someone in Quick-Lime.

Now I can only hope Google picks up on this thread and I expect I'll get a knock on the door early one morning :)

• Like 1

So pay for new ones , then have them stick the new ones on and return replacement ones for a refund, minus a bit of administration

Doesn't work like that as they claim for the parts and the work...thats the excuse they give anyway.....might just order the new ones and put them in the car and tell the techie to fit the new ones and leave the 'old' ones in the car and fleabay them

I asked today for exactly the same, they will not supply the new badges as warranty replacement parts, just the originals, to get the new ones I would have to pay for them!!

You need to play the game.....I will let them replace mine again (of course i will try and blag new ones) and then when they go again in 6 months i will demand different ones under the 'not fit for purpose' clause in the sales of goods act and log it with SUK. Petty i know, but this has been an ongoing issue for the whole VAG range for at least 15 years now.

Hoping mine comes with these ready fitted. Its due in July and will be a MY13 one so old stocks should be well gone by then!.

As far as I know it will only be fitted to the new models.

Alan, I think they look really good mate, not sure I would pay over 30 quid though! :o

Interesting that they seem to be a touch bigger, looking forward to seeing the wheels they will be sitting on, on the Octavia 3 vRS! :devil:

I've just heard back from my dealer. Not the cheapest change to make to the car, however as I've said I really do think they look a lot better than the older ones:

Front Badge: 1ST 853 601A AUL £10.63

Rear Badge: 1ST 853 630 AUL £10.63

Wheel Badges: 5JA 601 151 ULM £7.55 x 4

So like £50 worth of badges alone. I'm assuming these are going to be standard dealer prices and not really worth shopping around?

I've just heard back from my dealer. Not the cheapest change to make to the car, however as I've said I really do think they look a lot better than the older ones:

So like £50 worth of badges alone. I'm assuming these are going to be standard dealer prices and not really worth shopping around?

Are the prices quoted including VAT?

yes I got .....

Front Badge: 1ST 853 601A AUL £8.86 + VAT

Rear Badge: 1ST 853 630 AUL £8.86 + VAT

Wheel Badges: 5JA 601 151 ULM £6.29 + VAT x 4

Makes a total of £51.46 Incl VAT

yes I got .....

Front Badge: 1ST 853 601A AUL £8.86 + VAT

Rear Badge: 1ST 853 630 AUL £8.86 + VAT

Wheel Badges: 5JA 601 151 ULM £6.29 + VAT x 4

Makes a total of £51.46 Incl VAT

:o

I think I would do the boot/bonnet, but not the wheels, get some pictures up asap!? :yes:

I'm thinking the same. Might just do boot/bonnet to start with - relatively straight forward and the "most seen" ones.

Wheels I may leave until I've got plenty of spare time etc.

This is the 80mm badges, right? I wonder if there are any available for the Superb (which has 90,5 mm badges)?

Front badge on Octavia 2 is 88mm iirc. Mk 1 Octavia was 80mm I think. I believe the Octavia 2 front badge is the same as the Superb 2 front badge.

Apparently the front and rear badges won't be available to buy until 2013 according to skoda customer services on facebook. The ones that will be out for the citigo might not fit due to them being a smaller size apparently . I ordered the replacement ones for the wheels yesterday and got them today.

Any heros thinking of replacing the steering wheel logo?

That's a swap of the whole airbag module. For that kind of outlay, just buy a nicer steering wheel.

• Like 1

I've ordered the badges as per the part numbers above earlier today. Dealership tells me the "system" says they are all available to order. All being well I may have them by the weekend.

I took the picture posted earlier of the badge against the credit card to confirm they would be the right size.