low mileage

Hi, I have just come across a 2.5 v6 tdi of 2003 reg, that has only got genuine 12000 on the clock.

Do the timing belts deteriorate with use or age?

If it is fully serviced regularly what problems may occur due to age, when using for high mileage ie: 2500 a month?

any comments from people?

this just happens to be the sister car of the one i run at present and it is in immaculate condition all round as far as i can tell

Have you actually seen it? Are you sure it just hasn't missed a 0 off the end in the ad? I'd be amazed if a 9-year-old, everyday car like the Superb had only done 1300 miles a year. What would be the point in owning it? Tread carefully.

Otherwise, get a full service, all fluids changed and cambelt, tensioners and water pump replaced and it could be a good 'un :thumbup:

• Like 1

Have you actually seen it? Are you sure it just hasn't missed a 0 off the end in the ad? I'd be amazed if a 9-year-old, everyday car like the Superb had only done 1300 miles a year. What would be the point in owning it? Tread carefully.

Otherwise, get a full service, all fluids changed and cambelt, tensioners and water pump replaced and it could be a good 'un :thumbup:

My sendiments exactly.

Just bought it, 12226 miles genuine, still smells like a new car. booked in for full service, belts, tensioners and now water pump

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

hello,

It is possible, I bought mine 2007 Superb elegance 1.9TDI full option, open roof, full leather,.... with only 6000 miles. And these were also real km, coming from an old person who bought a small car again. Nu I own it for 2 years and I have now almost 35 000miles without any problems except one faulty parking sensor (garantee).

I realy love this car, I care this car like it is a collectors item.... ;-)

ps; the car s color is antrazite grey with 17" solid wheels. It still has his original tyres on... pirelli P6000. The car itselfs looks like new, in showroom condition and not only the car also the engine. It still looks like this car has just 1000miles.

But I do have a question, I've read a forum that you better don't buy Bosch windscreen wipers. Are they that bad? What about having 2 round wipers iso straight? My original wipers are sometimes very noisy, therefore I would like to replace them. What size of wipers is the best?

regards

If you have the Aero type blades as original fitment, Bosch replacements are the best - but don't work well when it's near freezing as the rubber is too stiff. These blades are also very sensitive to the angular alignment of the arm relative to the screen and won't flip over properly unless the fixing pin on the arm is parallel to the screen. Twist the arm at the blade end using a small adjustable spanner (and paper to protect the paint) on the metal strip below the fixing adapter. Placing a 100mm long rigid tube over the pin enables you to check the alignment.

If your car has non-aero blades then your choice is wider. Beware Bosch as they are selling Chinese blades in Bosch boxes at inflated prices. You can buy the identical blades here in a supermarket.

rotodiesel.

My car has original the old style wipers. Replacement wipers of Bosch model 583S costs about 19€. Is this a good deal. Or should I go for a set valeo wipers. I have read somewhere that the bosch wipers are noisy and the valeos arent..?

regards