Oil in roof lining

ive just found two oil stains in my fabia roof lining :(

i was wondering if anyone has got any ideas of getting it out.

i tryed giving it a quick rub but the lining seemed to fluff up and didnt really like that, is it best just take it professionally done or try myself?

Spray some vanish type thing on it, then get a carpet shampooer (vax) on it. Hopefully will work.

Now the question is how the chuff did you get oil stains on the roof?!

the vax is a good idea think my girlfriends dad has one so ill ask him :)

as for the oil on the roof it was off my work overalls as i was putting them in the back of the car oops :(

give it a try at the weekend and see how it goes :)

For heavens sake don't get it wet or even over dampened, you'll end up with serious water marks. Use a dry foam spray wash and a dry dish cleaning scourer, but use the sponge side only. Gently, and I mean gently coax as much of the stain out as you can, but I'm afraid it'll never come back perfect.

If its still particularly stained after that, your only course of action is to use tooth paste, very liberally, using a sponge. But don't over do it.

Take your time though, hare and the tortoise and all that ....

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?kzfhhx

For heavens sake don't get it wet or even over dampened, you'll end up with serious water marks.

I use a vax on my seats every year or so.. No problems with water marks - just be sure to suck it all out!

What should I do if it goes all fluffy after I've cleaned it?

Was thinking I could shave them off or something like that any sugestions?

You're seriously overcomplicating this, use brake cleaner, no fluffing as you aren't scrubbing, it's clear and evaporates so near instant drying and will dissolve the oil, either hold a towel under the area you spray or put a towel over the seats though or you'll just be transferring it from one surface to another.

Ive used aerosol brake cleaner on seats, carpets headlinings and my carpets in the house. Squirt it onto the oil then dab it,( dont rub the headlining), with kitchen roll. Repeat untill its gone. Used it on my mums 3 grand 3 piece suite when i got some oil on it one day and it all came out thank f**k

Buy whatever's cheapest from your local motor factor, it's always worth having a can handy, whatever you do don't go to Halfraud's they will charge you significantly more.

Your local motor factor would have been open today and cheaper ;) Just remember when you spray it you don't want to be directly under where you're spraying and ideally avoid getting a lung full as it evaporates.

Just remember when you spray it you don't want to be directly under where you're spraying and ideally avoid getting a lung full as it evaporates.

cheers mate ill keep that in mind :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...