Performance air filter 57s-9501

Hi I am looking to purchase a performance air filter for my 2011 octavia vrs tfsi I was told by k&n that the 57s-9501 will fit, is this true? And what gains can I expect from it? And if there are and cons? And advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

Old saying, well to me it is;

You can put your granny in running shorts, does not mean she will move any faster.

Two reasons why after market air filters are used, most popular (with kids with Corsa C's) are the induction noise. Other reason, when the car has been modified to actually need more air, i.e remaps, turbo upgrades ect. Mine is not standard and it still does not yet require an uprated air filter

You can gain more HP from a clean, new OEM filter then you will from an aftermarket on a standard car.

I'm pretty sure they've proven certain aftermarket filters can supply a greater volume of filtered air, but as Ema says, unless your car is seriously modified it'll probably only make it louder (possibly making you think its going quicker).

However, if you fit one, please do a before and after dyno run and post pics! :D