rear caliper help

just want no if anyone has done the balance weight mod and the rear sprind mod 2geva?? as i have the rear springs to release the handbrake bit better and stop rear brakes binding, and the rear balance weights to stop the mooing in reverse...

i have both but dont no if i can have both on there or just the one i have tried serching but to no luck i can only find post on 1 or the other,, if anyone has done this please shed some light on this mod??

or pics of your rear calipers with them both on would be a big help thank you

I have the audi a3 rear caliper springs on mine and its better than than it was but not perfect but the springs were only 4 quid from dealer so didn't expect a complete cure

yh i also got the springs but i have the balance weights aswell but will both fit on ok or shall i just sell the balance weights and fit the springs??

also do i need to lossen my handbrake

I fitted the balance weights, the downside is that from a dealer they will cost you the thick end of £100 however if you are lucky to find a set on ebay you can get em for about £30 like I did.

When fitting them id have the handbrake off, but there was no need to slacken it at all. They can be quite awkward to fit in though, so a little brute force is needed in places. Since fitting the squeal is virtually eradicated, it only occurs now if the wheels have been sat in the rain for a while and have glazed over with rust, however this soon disappears with a bit of braking.

The advantage of the springs of course is that they cost about £5 tops, however i cant comment on how effective they are.

Fitting instructions for the weights are below:

260820091491.jpg

• Like 1

i have both on mine, if you fit the balance weights first, then unscrew the rubber masses the springs can fit on fine. Then rescrew the masses and its job done

the main issue with the octavia is the handbrake arm on the caliper becomes stiff and causes all this bother