Was JOM\AP Coilovers - Now ordered Weitec Hicon GT! Now Fitted! The End :O)

Exact Parts used in the end: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/237699-was-jomap-coilovers-now-ordered-weitec-hicon-gt-now-fitted-the-end-o/page__view__findpost__p__2827391

Hi all.

thinking of buying a set of JOMs (been thinking for ages lol), i do not plan to go very low, just low enough so the car doesnt look like a tractor

am i right in saying i need:

JOMs (of course)

2x Shorter Drop Links

2x Front Top Mounts

2x Front Tom Mount Bearings

2x Rear Bump Stops

2x Rear Strut Top Mount

also anyone recommened any shops to buy the bits from? i will most likely order the JOM from DPM when they have stock

vwspares.co.uk are coming out at £90 for:

2x Front Top Mounts

2x Front Tom Mount Bearings

2x Rear Bump Stops

2x Rear Strut Top Mount

plus drop links off ebay, mondeo? anyone any definite links to correct part?

also im after a decent (reasonabley priced) garage in Manchester to fit everthing and do tracking etc -

advice much appreciatred guys

thanks!

My recommendation - Get shorter bump stops - don't cut down.

bump stops are high density foam that are variable - i.e. they get more dense the further they're compressed. If you cut them down... Then you will end up with either really wallowy bump stops that will bottom out - or really firm bump stops that will result in more than likely snap oversteer.

sorry 2 jump in but i'am thinking ov gettin jom coilovers ,do i need 2 get all ov the above,or if i get some more well known makes like weitec,kw's etc do i still need the above.thanks

It's usually advised to replace top mounts and bushes as it makes fitting a lot easier as you don't have to take the old shocks apart. Plus you've got peace of mind they aren't going to fail.

As to whether you need shorter drop links it seems to vary from kit to kit and how low you'd like to go! Puma drop links are only about £8 anyway.

You should be able to do it yourself with a weekend of good weather, you will feel more involved with your car, will save money and you will drive about thinking "I did this". Much more satisfying than buying a car with mods or getting someone to fit them

ok guys

getting a definite list ready for order, decided do renew mounts whilst the suspension is out

can anyone confirm these are the right parts for Fabia vRS 2006

1) 2x http://www.vwspares.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1452

2) 2x http://www.vwspares.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2588

3) 2x http://www.vwspares.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2524

4) 2x http://www.vwspares.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=185

5) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Ford-Mondeo-1-02-93-08-96-Anti-Roll-Bar-Links-Front-/330722458051?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d009839c3 (shorter drop links)

the car had Cupra front suspension bushes and ARB bushes just over a year go, you reckon i need to do these again? they seem ok to me i think!

thanks all!

hi guys

if anyone could confirm the above parts i would very much appreciate it, i want to get these parts ordered today if i can.

also will the mondeo drop links work even if i dont slam the car? i.e just lower to a decent height or would i need the standard sized drop links?

many thanks!

Ok gone and done it!

Ordered:

Jom Coilovers

2x Front Top Mounts

2x Front Top Mount Bearings

2x Rear Bump Stops

2x Rear Strut Top Mount

2x Mondeo Short Alloy Drop Links

Skoda Fabia Inc vRS (00-07) Powerflex Front Anti Roll Bar Bush 19mm PFF85-603-19

Skoda Fabia (6Y) 99-07 POWERFLEX FRONT WISHBONE FRONT BUSHES PFF85-201 - Thinking i may not need this now, upon searching, this part rarely becomes faulty?

hope they are the correct parts!

haha , you gave me a heart attack mate! :whew:

im half tempted to do the console bush but that was done last year by the previous seller with cupra console bush, what you reckon? if yes, poly or cupra again? or just leave it be?

Unless you're getting wear, i'd personally say leave it.

Thanks mate

il have a closer look tonight to see how they are, how often do the cupra bushes need replacing? I don't think ive read anyone on here on their 2nd set of cupra bushes

im also reconsidering doing the front wishbone front bushes as ive read that this rarely wears out, so may send these back.

so for the time being il just get the ARB bushes done in the poly, leave the console with cupra ones and front wishbone front bush as is

To be fair, i'd probably leave it until they're worn. Else all you're doing is duplicating work and outlay for yourself.

As long as they look good, i'd leave it.

ARB bushes in poly are cheap and worth doing - but the front wishbone front bushes are generally good forever and a day, and if the rears have been replaced with cupras as long as they're pressed in right i'd leave it. It'll be a REAL pain to get them back out.

• Like 1

thanks again mate

ive requested a refund for the front wishbone front bushes, just have to wait for delivery now

ok slight issue with the JOMs, venom dont have stock either, only found this out after i purchased them and emailed today asking about delivery

so have asked them to cancel the order

Looks like im now looking at AP Coilovers as they are the next best, didnt want t spend £400 but looks like il have too

any thoughts?