I 'LV' my insurance renewal quotation!

I've got my renewal down to £303 for my car (in sig)

I'm 29, 6 years NCD.

I am not far off being as past it as you but with 9 years protected NCB (with remap) they looking near a grand wtf is going on same address my 2006 Furby VRS was £330 for last 3 policies I had on it. Clean licence no points ever etc :(

I am not far off being as past it as you but with 9 years protected NCB (with remap) they looking near a grand wtf is going on same address my 2006 Furby VRS was £330 for last 3 policies I had on it. Clean licence no points ever etc :(

Start a new quote from scratch on a few compare sites?

• Like 1

Such a lottery insurance is :wall: . My vRS is costing me £500 a year (31, 11 years ncb), yet my 400bhp Evo with mods declared is only £340 a year. Where is the logic :@

More than bumped mine up to £670 this year through confused.com.got it from E choice who are from More Than for £580.Yes and that's the cheapest i can get it,i must have gone through every insurance. 33,10 yrs ncb.

And to the poster about Direct Line totally agree,i pmsl at the quote i got from them...

Totally. My renewal with current insurer was £490, so saving £187 there. Since I started driving I've only ever once stayed with a company because the renewal was actually competitive...

Best thing to do is wait until the last week of the month to renew, as most insurance companies have sales targets, so in the last couple of days of the month you can usually get some cracking deals.

My insurance is due 3rd week of June, I'll be renewing around 29-31st May, to get the best deal.

• Like 1

Best thing to do is wait until the last week of the month to renew, as most insurance companies have sales targets, so in the last couple of days of the month you can usually get some cracking deals.

My insurance is due 3rd week of June, I'll be renewing around 29-31st May, to get the best deal.

Have to remember that next time,although it still baffles me how i can be quoted £580 from one insurance and £1200 from another.Same with More than i happened to call them up and said look i'm already insured with you,but E choice who are from More Than have quoted me £580 can you do the same, NO was the answer.More Than made E Choice for feck sake. :finger:

Have to remember that next time,although it still baffles me how i can be quoted £580 from one insurance and £1200 from another.Same with More than i happened to call them up and said look i'm already insured with you,but E choice who are from More Than have quoted me £580 can you do the same, NO was the answer.More Than made E Choice for feck sake. :finger:

But in any case, every time you do a compare site you get about 80 answers/quotes, mostly from reasonably well-known companies, with the cheapest near the top.

So you look at, say, the top 5 or 6.

But if you scroll down the list they go absolutely barmy. I've had quotes from about £200 up to £1400.

They all are given exactly the same information.

I can only assume that many just do not want the business.

It does work.. Mines due for renewal 1st week in June... renewed this weekend, saved £150!

That was threw a comparison site (go compare) have tried 3 different ones now lol not a happy camper! 9 years protected NCB FFS!

I just popped my details into a comparison site + my existing insurers site and I got a quote including full recovery (Green Flag) service £60 cheaper, that the £405 quote I got in the post. :thumbup:

See it's getting towards the end of the month & sales targets have to be met.

just did a 'go compare' for mine - I said it renewed June 6 (which it doesn't)

Best quote £178.59p AXA (BUT that is with £450 excess of which £200 was compulsory) Went up to £206 when I deleted the extra excess

Next best was E Sure £191, with only the £250 voluntary excess I usually specify.

These are with full payment in one lump sum.

Changed to LV last year after Direct-line bumped both mine and wife's insurance from about £350 each to £1100 for me and £1200 for the wife. Renewal was lower this year on both cars.

I think someone needs to investigate the whole no-claims bonus nonsense which imho is a scam operated by the insurance companies. It seems like the larger your no claims discount, the higher the pre-discount starting price is. Think I'll send an email to Watchdog.

Not liking Admiral this year as after last year being by far the cheapest for my L&K estate with remap & new shocks and springs they just sent me an email saying they flat out wouldn't offer me any cover this year... :devil:

Been doing a few quotes as my insurance is up for removal

Renewal - Tesco insurance £476

LV - £614

Direct Line - £828

Cheapest so far is Swiftcover at £410

33 years old with 7 years NCB

However on go compare one insurer quoted me £10,500!

Been doing a few quotes as my insurance is up for removal

Renewal - Tesco insurance £476

LV - £614

Direct Line - £828

Cheapest so far is Swiftcover at £410

33 years old with 7 years NCB

However on go compare one insurer quoted me £10,500!

For a 2 litre diesel !!?? Must have got it mixed up with a Red Bull F1. I think even the "low" quotes are high. Unless you live in Tripoli or somewhere?

Nothing has a "right price" these days! It all seems to be haggle, shop around, threaten to leave!

I just got an AA renewal package priced at nearly £75 - called Silver something or other, whereas new joiners can get a basic roadside for about £30. I phoned up and said I was packing it in and going to RAC as a new member. Boy did that change the quote! £36 for basic AA, and I could probably have got it lower by just resigning when it lapses, and then starting off again as "new member".

But you have to this every year, like insurance quotes.

I actually ended up going with Direct Line this year as opposed to Admiral who I'd been with for ages (also Elephant who are run by the Admiral group). Their quote wasn't anything spectacular, but then had 20% off and 0% interest over the year which pushed it cheaper than anyone else. Also after just moving house they refunded me £40 for the new address, which never happened when I was with Admiral, even when moving to a lower risk area.

I actually ended up going with Direct Line this year as opposed to Admiral who I'd been with for ages (also Elephant who are run by the Admiral group). Their quote wasn't anything spectacular, but then had 20% off and 0% interest over the year which pushed it cheaper than anyone else. Also after just moving house they refunded me £40 for the new address, which never happened when I was with Admiral, even when moving to a lower risk area.

I'm amazed - I've never had a Direct Line quote that was much less than double what I was accepting from someone else.

Just did a quick quote. Direct Line £313. Axa £206

Edited by ednmra

Don't forget to consider the excesses involved.

I've got my quotes this time I'm going with Direct Line, instead of Privilege as Privilege want a £450 XS, whereas Direct Line only want a £250, the difference in premiums also means I can have Green Flag Recovery + breakdown service as well for less than Privilege!

Don't forget to consider the excesses involved.

I've got my quotes this time I'm going with Direct Line, instead of Privilege as Privilege want a £450 XS, whereas Direct Line only want a £250, the difference in premiums also means I can have Green Flag Recovery + breakdown service as well for less than Privilege!

Yes, quite so. I carefully check the compulsory and voluntary excesses related to the quote, and I recalculate so that each quote has only £250 excess in total, in order to give direct comparison. I also always include protected NCB and I delete legal expenses, again so that as far as possible every quote goes by the same criteria.

I have AA cover, so I delete roadside assistance and I also delete courtesy car if that is an option affecting the quote. So as far as possible the companies are going broadly on the same details.