Seats whats the deal with them?

Just seen a set of sport seats on eBay with the red seatbelts as well!

Not cheap at £125 each plus £85 for the rear not to mention the bit you were most excited about http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-FABIA-SPORT-5-DR-HATCH-2005-2007-SEAT-BELT-DRIVER-FRONT-BLACK-RED-/150819329784?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ASkoda%7CModel%3AFabia&hash=item231d8856f8#ht_714wt_984

• 1 month later...

nah they're from a DC2 Integra Type R. Got the whole lot done, including the price of the seats, for £105.61!!! It was going to cost about £260 for 2 subframes, so i thought i'd break out the welder and have a go myself!!

After 3 hours of driving I get bad back ache so bad that when I try and get out I look like a cripple. I'm going to change the seats at some point but don't really want to pay £80 for a subframe from cobra. Think I'm going to pinch a length of unistrut from work and knock a couple up that way.

Tsk, that bolster on the seat pad! Looking more closely, the fit of that head unit! :D

Guess it's more of a going round corners without falling off deal than 1st prize at the concours exhibition. A practical and pragmatic upgrade but again "tsk" at that bloody bolster!

Haha knew someone would comment!! lol The interior has been stripped out for a while now. Spilt a can of red bull on the centre vents and thought it was a good idea to take them apart and clean them...... it wasn't!! lol Supposed to be getting a pioneer double din headunit off a mate, hence the stereo looking gash and as for the bolster, they're all getting retrimmed in leather when funds allow.

...the new seats are in!! I reckon they suit the fabia quite well!!

That's the kind of thing I had in mind when i started this thread.

Good to know its possible.

How diifcult was fabricating the subframes?

That's the kind of thing I had in mind when i started this thread.

Good to know its possible.

How diifcult was fabricating the subframes?

It was actually surprisingly easy.Just used 4 bits of 30mm box section to raise the frame high enough to still use the standard adjuster system. Then used some 25mm flatbar to join the two rails together. Then bolted the seat to that.

• 2 weeks later...

Eyup chap. How did you track down a set of those VRS seats? Iv messaged a few of my mates and searched for a few salvage VRS's but to no avail JUST yet. Do you know of any and were they just a straight swap? Not a fan of the white seats and feel it lets my otherwise mint car down!

Cheers in advance

Lance

Huddersfield