Guard X tyre foam -how long does it last.

greenstripe

Hi folks,

How long can I safely drive around on tyre foam? - I found a big screw in my tyre this morning and I had to get to work. I removed the screw and used the Guard X foam - it seems to be holding out. I need to find a mobile tyre fitting service who can fit a replacement in Central London as I'm working 13 hours a day 7 days a week at the moment. Being Sunday there's no one open.

Edited by greenstripe

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't say so -I have replaced the tyre now, unfortunately I ended up driving on it for three days (carefully though) and strangely after topping up the air in the tyre fairly frequently, after a couple of days it was holding pressure all day long and seemed to have completely sealed the tyre. Guard x is supposed to be some unique formula (aren't they all) and apparently you can have a tyre that it has been used on repaired.

I shall be looking at getting a spare wheel -this foam malarkey is too much stress -I'd rather change the wheel myself and get it replaced in my own time, rather than using a central London garage, paying £30 over the odds for the privilege and having my alloy damaged in to the bargain -

Lesson learned - get a spare.