New Roomster!

I took a seat in a roomy with an armrest at the dealers. I would have to drive with it up... pretty annoying having it down. Think I would be more inclined to use it as a storage and the occasional rest when stopping for a cuppa :D

I would be more interested in finding some shin pads for the centre console for those moments I forget I'm not in a sporty number anymore! Has anyone seen such a thing before I MacGuyver a solution?

rear window stuck down when using the "convenience" window mode and then trying to close it manually. Soon fixed itself by doing the convenience mode again and hasn't done it since...
Had the same issue with mine so it must be something to do with the tests they do in the factory and a poor PDI from your dealer.

Also got a space saver tyre thrown in. Not a fan of the foam stuff.

Very wise, I burst a tyre on a kerb a few years ago. Foam couldn't have fixed that and I was on the way to the airport. And I had a slow puncture on the Roomy earlier this year and I bought a tin of Holts tyre weld and it just didn't work. Ended up buying a new tyre.

Armrest is "Marmite" with Roomy owners. Some love it, some hate it, and some find it gets in the way of the handbrake.

After reading members' experiences, I decided not to specify the armrest in mine.I

It may be worth your while to sit in an armrest-equipped car (dealer?) before you commit.

Mine came with the armrest and I soon found I was uncomfortable without it. I've got used to working the handbrake and it's easy now. I do sometimes lift it for a passenger to fasten their seatbelt but no issues otherwise. It's also useful extra storage.

Hi,

how did you mount the phone holder to the dash? I figured the textured soft touch coating might not be the best for the stickyback smooth discs you mount suction cups to so decided against it but if you or anyone else has good experiences I'd like to know!

Cheers,

I have a stickyback smooth disc for my Tomtom in the Roomie, and it works just fine (The Tomtom mount refuses to hold on to the smooth side of the disc, but that's another story :) - it has stayed on steadily for well over a year now.

• Like 1

August is near :-)

My Roomster is from October 2011, and I have not had any issues with heated seats or the seat covers.

Got to kids in the age of 3 and 5.

What about the airbags in the front seats?

Was sceptical that the phone holder would work but it does! Phone has never fallen off. Survives speed bumps and cobbled roads no problem! Works by suction and a semi sticky base and at the back of the phone (leaves no residue).

The only time it failed was after a really hot day and the dash was molten! Taking it off and re mounting it soon sorted it.

http://www.amazon.co...ils_o05_s00_i00

Thought of another pro and con... The sticky bits are washable so no need to panic if they get clarty. The holder doesn't clamp onto the phone so running a power cable to it can be tricky. Use a non springy cable would solve that issue!

Edited by philipashby
  • Like 1

Was sceptical that the phone holder would work but it does! Phone has never fallen off. Survives speed bumps and cobbled roads no problem! Works by suction and a semi sticky base and at the back of the phone (leaves no residue).

The only time it failed was after a really hot day and the dash was molten! Taking it off and re mounting it soon sorted it.

http://www.amazon.co...ils_o05_s00_i00

Thought of another pro and con... The sticky bits are washable so no need to panic if they get clarty. The holder doesn't clamp onto the phone so running a power cable to it can be tricky. Use a non springy cable would solve that issue!

I've a plethora of phone mounts already but was more interested in the means by which you've attached to the dash! I've used plastic disks before on the smoothest of surfaces before and still they've come off under the intense heat they get subjected to inside a car (no mount attached - just the disk under it's own weight albeit upside down). Your link opened up some new ideas though - there's some crazy sticky shelf that hangs off the CD slot that looks interesting :p Will probably foul the gearchange and render the reversing sensor diagram useless though... I'll look into finding better quality discs. Thanks!

What about the airbags in the front seats?

No problems so far. I can deactivate front airbag with the car key. If one of the kids wants to sit in the front.

No problems so far. I can deactivate front airbag with the car key. If one of the kids wants to sit in the front.

I think you misunderstood my point. I was referring to fitting seat covers. There are airbags installed inside each front seat. Seat covers would prevent them deploying properly.

To confirm that these airbags are fitted there should be a small tab on the outside of the seat marked "airbag". These are side impact airbags actually in the seat. (not in the door pillar.)

I think you misunderstood my point. I was referring to fitting seat covers. There are airbags installed inside each front seat. Seat covers would prevent them deploying properly.

To confirm that these airbags are fitted there should be a small tab on the outside of the seat marked "airbag". These are side impact airbags actually in the seat. (not in the door pillar.)

Yes, you have to be careful to buy seat covers that are side seat airbag compatible. I bought a single waterproof cover from Halfords that has slits for the airbag to deploy through!

Aha, okay. I misunderstood you question. I do not use seat covers. For my children's I use a dedicated children seat that uses the ISO fix on the back seats. When one of then is in the front seat the children seat follows with them.

I then disabled the front airbag.

The seat covers I bought are designed to rip in case of airbag deployment. Although I only ended up using the front ones as the rear seat covers were a one size fits all deal which doesn't work unless you have all 3 seats lined up

The seat covers I bought are designed to rip in case of airbag deployment. Although I only ended up using the front ones as the rear seat covers were a one size fits all deal which doesn't work unless you have all 3 seats lined up

You mean one size does not fit at all :rofl:

• Like 1