Yeti Washed

Sandy.Rogers

Dewi got taken to the nice jet wash bay at Harry Tuffins in Church Stoke on the way to work, and having spent £4 for 12 minutes I now have a nice shiny car again. That will probably make it rain tonight.

Looks like there are a few stone chips on the front so I'd better get the paint pot out, and lots of tar spots on the sides. It will have to be butter on those are no-one locally seems to sell these clever cemicles ChrisRs mentions.

And I had nice shiny wheels and tyres, but they are now all dusty from driving down the lane to work. Even the sheep droppings have come off!

Might have to go out and clean the windows later, when the trains ease off.

Rich,

Don't really get this - surely rubbing muddy gritty dirt across your paintwork without water is going to scratch your paint work? I saw a previous post with this included (could've been you?) and I didn't get how it worked then

Thats correct

A big business is created into fooling people that these so called waterless washes actually work without scratching your paintwork

Basically, they cant!!

Even the sheep droppings have come off!

I assume this is flicked up onto the sides of the car by the tyres?

I had visions of a sheep with its hind legs up on the front bumper in an effort to leave you a little present on the bonnet.

I assume this is flicked up onto the sides of the car by the tyres?

I had visions of a sheep with its hind legs up on the front bumper in an effort to leave you a little present on the bonnet.

Flicked up by the tyres, flicked up by the car in front, and possibly flicked by the sheep trying to get their own back! :giggle:

Thats correct

A big business is created into fooling people that these so called waterless washes actually work without scratching your paintwork

Basically, they cant!!

But surely if that is correct then you could claim against them under advertising misrepesentation, and I've seen no evidence that anyone has done that yet?

Mines nearly 2 years old and I wash it every 4 months or so whether it needs it or not!

Currently a very muddy red, but its amazing how clean they come up in a few rainstorms like we saw in april.

Occasionally have to resort to wiping the windows, lights and plates claen for safeties sake. Doesnt seem much point in washing it on a weekend when it will be dirty again by tuesday.