Boot lock function

Kenny R

Just found a boot lock function, I didn't know the Yeti had. Went to pick son up at airport last night, stopped and he said boot would not open, opened drivers door to see what he was doing, and he shouts it's ok now.

Have now read manual, an lo and behold on page 44,

"the function of the hand grip above the licence plate is deactivated when starting off. The function of the hand grip is activated again when the vehicle has stopped and a door is opened"

A year into Yeti ownership and still learning.

I too enjoy discovering features I didn't know existed-good spot!

I have read parts of the manual but it is -as are so many such documents-a bore-fest and in places genuinely useless. Of course you can operate the unlock switch, but why?

I think you'll find it was brought in as a safety feature, after the muppet clan opening doors at traffic lights etc and making off with your goodies.

Of course you can operate the unlock switch, but why?

Perhaps because (a) it's less effort, and (B) possibly safer (eg at the side of a busy road) than opening the driver's door simply in order to unlock the boot?

I think you'll find it was brought in as a safety feature, after the muppet clan opening doors at traffic lights etc and making off with your goodies.

Saw that happen once on Las Ramblas in Barcelona. Hire car obviously just picked up at the airport, half their luggage gone before they'd even got to their hotel. Great way to start a holiday, and a wonderful welcome to Spain. It wasn't the first street theft we'd witnessed in Barcelona, nor was it the last - and we were only there three days. (Mind you, this summer we're going to Napoli. OMG...)

Boot opening button on remote useful and the boot relocks on closing - good security.

But one has to be careful not to leave the keys in the boot when closing the lid ........

Can the auto relocking be disabled ?