SUK used; one Urban and a 29k Elegance

The Plumber

Blimey - it makes my red cr140 elegance / dsg box / sunroof / heated front screen etc etc look positively cheap at £24k. Mind you I'm still waiting and waiting and waiting......(and thats for the build date - ordered on 19/12/11!!!)

Edited by ah9817

£29,000???? I know there's a 7 month wait but would you really pay £5k more for one. As it's not available til August surely you would order one now, wait the extra 3 months or so and save the £5k?!............ Or have I missed something?! :think:

Just did some quick workings on what I feel is a nice spec and came out with the following

Yeti Elegance 2.0 TDI DSG with:

Metallic, TPM, Columbus, Panoramic Roof, Annapurnas, Park Assist, Heated Screen and Electric Seat and still got change from £29k if I didn't have a bit of a haggle.

I think its purely down to supply and demand, when I was looking around and trying to decide between a brand new yeti and a late used one (I have never bought a totally brand new car before) the pricing gap between the 2 made no sense not to purchase a brand new vehicle and have no fears about what had happened to the vehicle before I bought it.

A good number of the vehicles that we were interested in (especially the ex demo's with very low mileage and <1yr old were all at or above RRP)

I called one dealer and they were unrepentant in their pricing, saying that they can easily sell at that price!

As we are now approaching the "Grey years" this will (probably) be our last major car purchase - so the depreciation costs are much less of an issue.

Yes I have joined the long wait, but in some ways its no worse than booking a holiday months in advance, there are lots of things I have to do that are yeti related before it arrives, and there is a lot to learn from the forum.

As we are now approaching the "Grey years" this will (probably) be our last major car purchase - so the depreciation costs are much less of an issue.

Yes I have joined the long wait, but in some ways its no worse than booking a holiday months in advance, there are lots of things I have to do that are yeti related before it arrives, and there is a lot to learn from the forum.

I wonder if there's an age-related attitude to this question of long delivery times. Those of us with some serious years behind us got used to waiting for the Good Things of life a long time ago. This forum is a fair temporary substitute for a real Yeti, and during the wait I'm getting some education and enjoyment from tales of other people's.

Agreed about depreciation concerns, although I thought the XT was going to be our last 'proper' car, six years ago!