No Manual Superb

In Australia there are many combinations not available due to limited numbers imported. I guess the same applied to those in UNZED.

Due to internal politics they may have just decided to cut the costs and number of models to be exported to greater distances and have decided that (as) Oceanic countries mainly use auto gearboxes, so be it.

(Personally I'd never go back to manual as I just find automatic so much more convenient.)

Just heard from my dealer. They can't/won't order me a manual superb.

Anyone else find this a little strange?

I find it very strange. I mean that there are still people who willingly want to buy and drive a car with manual gearbox.... :giggle:

I know they don't import them as stock, but I still expect to be able to special order one. Dealer said no, I'm waiting to hear back from Skoda NZ.

Just curious if any of the DSG owners plan on keeping their cars outside warranty?

No plans yet. Company car for 5 years, so we'll see (I can extend the warranty for an extra year to get all five, however I'll bust the 150Tkm limit long before...)

After a lifetime of manual cars, starting with non synchro 1st Hillman Minx (still have  2 1/2 Litre Riley) I have grown accustomed to the DSG. If it craps itself within the 5 year warranty then I will go back to manual, if possible. Are there any suggestions to prolong the service life of a DSG?

After a lifetime of manual cars, starting with non synchro 1st Hillman Minx (still have 2 1/2 Litre Riley) I have grown accustomed to the DSG. If it craps itself within the 5 year warranty then I will go back to manual, if possible. Are there any suggestions to prolong the service life of a DSG?

5 year warranty ? Is it manufacturer´s (hard to believe...) or importer´s ? Warranty in europe is 2 years, at least here it is !!

5 year warranty ? Is it manufacturer´s (hard to believe...) or importer´s ? Warranty in europe is 2 years, at least here it is !!

Here in AU the default Skoda warranty is 3 years. It's possible to pay between AU$1000 - AU$2000 for a further 3 year extended warranty taking the total to 6 years. The extended warranty usually has some specific requirements around servicing and documentation.

I had a 2 year extended warranty on my VW Jetta and made use of it for a few thins: leaking water pipe, failed door lock modules and most recently HVAC flap motor failure. It's saved me some $2500 over all which is more than I paid for it. The dealers do tend to gouge when they claim against an extended warranty though. I guess it's pretty much free money for them.

After a lifetime of manual cars, starting with non synchro 1st Hillman Minx (still have 2 1/2 Litre Riley) I have grown accustomed to the DSG. If it craps itself within the 5 year warranty then I will go back to manual, if possible. Are there any suggestions to prolong the service life of a DSG?

Good old double the clutch for gear changing, that will confuse a lot of people below 30-35 years of age. :happy: