MPG/Miles to a Tank

I'm averaging 61.1 mpg currently - not using the computer, just my calculations when I refuel.

75 mile round-trip for work. Mixture of town, a-roads and motorway.

Driving fairly sedately and mine is a PD100 not a vRS.

I get 350-420 miles to a tankful. I normally fill up just when the light comes on (75 miles to go). This works out to be 45-50 mpg.

The calculator on iPhone. :D

Miles travelled / litres used * 4.546 = mpg

The best way to do it :)

I get somewhere between 600 and 660 most tanks - after filling the expansion wotsit, works out 55 litres or just shy.

On board computer reads mid-high 60s, when in fact it's really low-mid 50s.

Still not shabby considering the grunt :)

• Like 1

I think I have quite impressive numbers too. With the tank filled up to the trim I did about 645 miles (1038 km) with some petrol left for another 21 miles (35 km). By the way, my car is 2001 Fabia Comfort 1.4 MPI (68 hp, 8V).

Roughly calculated I had:

- 49.6 miles per gallon

- 19 km per litre

- 5.05 litres per 100 km (on average).

As for the question above, yes i drive gently, never push my Fabia to its limits (except for once when I did more than 200 km/h- about 125 mph).

I think Skoda Auto should award me for this effort on Turkish roads/traffic where conditions are really harsh :)

Wow Bulent Kara, that's some impressive figures! My lifetime average is 41.99 over 9k with highs of 55.2 and lows of 30.2 with the same engine (lows/highs relate to switching to/from vented filling) and I thought I was doing well. That said I got 48ish mpg consistantly through the week of hot wearher we had, they dropped back as soon as the weather cooled again.

App wise Road Trip for iOS is great for recording mpg and expenses as it lets you back up via email/drop box.

• Like 1

Theres an app on android which gives the mobile version of fuelly, I've used it for my last 4 fill ups, getting around 510 miles to a tank fuelly shows mpg at 51-52.