2011 Skoda Fabia VRS for sale

dbryder

Had an 'ok' trade in offer, but given the car if you bought this spec now would be circa 18k I hope I can get 13k :(

Cripes! thats a mighty wedge to lose in less than a year.

GLWS thou

So... you're selling a car you don't legally own?

I'm not trying to be difficult, just saying you may have issues.

You could sell, not pay off the loan, then VWFS will go after the new keeper and take the car off them.

It's quite simple really, but perhaps you haven't done this before.

Once a sale is agreed, the buyer will pay the outstanding amount to VWFS, then pay me the difference.

What's not legal is to sell a car on finance without telling the buyer, and then pocketing the money.

I've made it clear the car has finance outstanding.

Thanks for you post though.

David

• Like 1

It's quite simple really, but perhaps you haven't done this before.

Once a sale is agreed, the buyer will pay the outstanding amount to VWFS, then pay me the difference.

What's not legal is to sell a car on finance without telling the buyer, and then pocketing the money.

I've made it clear the car has finance outstanding.

Thanks for you post though.

David

Thats exactly how I bought my vRS. Private sale of a 3 month old car which still had the majority of the finance outstanding with VWFS.

Both parties new the position, and I even had the letter from VW saying how much was outstanding. I contacted them and they were happy for a slight overlap whilst payments cleared. I then got the letter from VW once they received payment and had no further interest in the car.

GLWS

So you're setting up an agreement between VWFS and the buyer? Seems a rather long-winded way of doing it... meh.

C'est la vie

Babs, the buyer pays off the money outstanding on my finance agreement (via debit card, while on the phone to the finance company) then takes possession of the car.

In some senses it's easier than a fully private sale as I couldn't accept a debit card payment, and would have to deal in cash or a bank transfer or whatever.

David

• Like 2

dealing through finance companies is a way of life now, credit, finance is just the way people buy things nowadays! or up to now anyway, it stands to reason that this scenario is going to be quite a frequent occurance and personally i think if your not prepared to do a bit of phoning around or some paperwork, youll miss out on bargains like this. Its a new age where very few people own anything of value thats under 5 years old.

I once traded a car on finance for a car that was on finance, and then traded that in on a new car (financed) all paid off now but was doable

I've been somewhere today and there was a new Fabia MKII Vrs for sale just shy of 20K, it was fully loaded mind you

This is a bargain, Good luck with the sale. Someone will bite your hand off.

Blimey! This spec car above can be had for £17k on DriveTheDeal.

TBH I would rather have the OP's for £13k than either of those new deals. Its only done 2k!

A bargain for someone me thinks :)

I've been somewhere today and there was a new Fabia MKII Vrs for sale just shy of 20K, it was fully loaded mind you

This is a bargain, Good luck with the sale. Someone will bite your hand off.

It had every thing you could get, sunfoof, sat nab, the works " would you pay that price for a Fabia, " Not me

TBH I would rather have the OP's for £13k than either of those new deals. Its only done 2k!

A bargain for someone me thinks :)

This is what i meant - this is a bargain.

It had every thing you could get, sunfoof, sat nab, the works " would you pay that price for a Fabia, " Not me

Still only £18k on DtD ;)

• 2 weeks later...

It's a shame that a potential new oner couldn't do it the other way around, i.e., pay you the difference and take over the remaining 0% loan repayments (legally) ... now I reackon that would generate a lot of interest !