Waiting List

vegit8

Ah yes, sadly that only works for a couple of dealers, it's not a SUK site.

Well done in any case.

Beginning to think my car is a bit of a tart, seems to like hanging around at ports. Waiting for sailors or lorry drivers.

At the end of week 39 it was at Emden.

3 weeks later its now loafing in Grimsby or hull or wherever.

Yabba Dabba Doooo..

Just had a call from Lookers, car is in compound and will be ready for collection next Saturday... :love:

Next stop the lake district and a rendezvous with another special build and its owner "Brijo".

• Like 1

........... and another one to add to the list :-)

Delivered to home today a 170PS TDi 4x4 in Corrida Red with Gobi interior; spare wheel, sound system, electric seats and TPM. Ordered (through leasing company) 30 Mar 12, originally slated for in stock 28 Sep 12 - put back to 31 Oct 12 and then delivered today! Maybe it had something to do with I've had a Skoda UK demonstrator (Yeti SE Greenline) for the past 4 weeks or maybe not! Anyway the comparison will be interesting.

@ATCO - you should see it in your work car park before long unless of course your username is related to a lawnmower :-)

• Like 1

Yabba Dabba Doooo..

Just had a call from Lookers, car is in compound and will be ready for collection next Saturday... :love:

Next stop the lake district and a rendezvous with another special build and its owner "Brijo".

Think that will be a first meeting of two UK-SB's B)

Enjoy the new motor and please some pictures of the two Monsters would be great :)

Regards,

TP

Think that will be a first meeting of two UK-SB's B)

Enjoy the new motor and please some pictures of the two Monsters would be great :)

Indeed, it's been planned for quite a while, it's becoming a military operation.

We hope to meet up with Sandy.Rogers at the top of Hardknott pass!

• Like 1

Lead times still seem to be strong, I have placed an order for a 170 Elegance last week and have been quoted the usual 6 months which is fine for me. This will be our 4th new Yeti when it arrives between my wife and I we started with 140 Elegance and we just picked up our second 170 Elegance last week. The last one was ordered in March this year and took 7 months to come as advised by the dealer.

First impressions with 300 miles on the clock the new 170 engine is slightly smoother, we have gone Gobi leather for the first time which lightens up the interior and I prefer to the previous black leather. All the Yeti's we have owned have been fantastic and with the long waiting lists have suffered minimum depreciation for £20,000+ cars we hit the sweet spot of early ownership and hence why we have traded them early.

If you are on the fence between 140 and 170 I would say go 170 every time unless you want/need the Auto. The car is so much better to drive , not just because the extra performance but because it makes easier progress and is more effortless for everyday motoring. The 140 did 42 mpg compared to the 170s 45 mpg.for same type of driving so the extra initial expense is self funding over the long run.

Edited by gbpxg01

Thanks gbpxg01, thats good to know. Got a 170 on order with Gobi as well.

Currently getting 42mpg out of my 140 so I will be well pleased to get 45 out of the 170.

How long do you keep a yeti before trading it in?

Thanks gbpxg01, thats good to know. Got a 170 on order with Gobi as well.

Currently getting 42mpg out of my 140 so I will be well pleased to get 45 out of the 170.

How long do you keep a yeti before trading it in?

The 140 we had for a year and the 170 we had for 2.5 yrs. I would expect to keep my wife's new car we picked up last week for 3 yrs but I will just watch the market and see if there is any sense in trading earlier. The 170 is a good choicer and I am sure you will enjoy the new car when it arrives and I am believe like for like motoring you will get better mpg. I notice you have a roof on your current car and not on the spec of the new one on order. We have never put a roof on and half thinking about it on the one I ordered last week but as a £1,000 option felt its something you really need to want to justify the expense.

The Gobi is really nice and brightens up the interior and makes the car feel a bit spacious. Our new car is black / gobi and the green gobi will equally go really well and look great. Enjoy your new car when it arrives.

Edited by gbpxg01

The 140 we had for a year and the 170 we had for 2.5 yrs. I would expect to keep my wife's new car we picked up last week for 3 yrs but I will just watch the market and see if there is any sense in trading earlier. The 170 is a good choicer and I am sure you will enjoy the new car when it arrives and I am believe like for like motoring you will get better mpg. I notice you have a roof on your current car and not on the spec of the new one on order. We have never put a roof on and half thinking about it on the one I ordered last week but as a £1,000 option felt its something you really need to want to justify the expense.

The Gobi is really nice and brightens up the interior and makes the car feel a bit spacious. Our new car is black / gobi and the green gobi will equally go really well and look great. Enjoy your new car when it arrives.

My previous car was a convertible so I wanted the sunroof on the yeti. Used it a lot in the first year but less in the second year and hardly at all this year. The pop up wind deflector gets stuffed full of dead flies and the roof has had a couple of squeaks and creaks (all cured by lubrication.) Thought I would give it a miss this time and spent the extra on electric drivers seat and heated windscreen. Although its nice to look up and see the sky, best keeping my eyes on the road though!

Cheers

It's a pity Skoda don't do the 170 with DSG, it could be a fabulous combo. Traded in my first Yeti after 21 months precisely because of very strong residuals.

Model: Yeti Elegance 2.0 TDI CR DPF 140 PS 4x4 DSG (Please note that vehicle options are not shown) Exterior Colour: Platin Grey Metallic Status: At Germany Port Released for Shipping Build Week: 201242

should hear from dealer soon

• Like 1

23 Oct 2012 Update:I have now been advised the build date will be week 46 2012 and the delivery date has been brought forward somewhat, so it may only be a few weeks away and earlier than the March expectancy

Latest news (as of yesterday) from my dealer is that our Yeti is at the docks awaiting shipment and expected delivery will be two to three weeks. It has seemed like a lifetime.

Latest news (as of yesterday) from my dealer is that our Yeti is at the docks awaiting shipment and expected delivery will be two to three weeks. It has seemed like a lifetime.

Does anyone know which ship(s) Skoda use and is it from Emden that they sail>

They do sail from Emden and a lot of the ship names end in 'Highway' can't remember particular names as it was over 18 months since I was ship tracking! There is an ancient thread on here somewhere that gives all the sailing details but I gave up trying to find it. Enjoy the exciting climax to your wait :happy: