decat pipe

I got the second one 3" downpipe and step down decat (Make sure it is for the K03 & K03s Turbos).

Really easy to fit and just clamps on to your standard cat back system even has plug holes for your o2 and lamda sensors!

Highly recommended brilliant quality and mine arrived in two days from over sea's!

Guest BigJase88

I really want a bigger dp but dont want a decat (hassle) and dont want to pay £480 for a miltek cat!!

Has anyone used the first half of the bigger dp but connected it to the stock cat? Seems a lot of fuss!?

Or i may just buy a miltek dp and sports cat at bonus time :o

I really want a bigger dp but dont want a decat (hassle) and dont want to pay £480 for a miltek cat!!

Has anyone used the first half of the bigger dp but connected it to the stock cat? Seems a lot of fuss!?

Or i may just buy a miltek dp and sports cat at bonus time :o

The point of either a decat pipe or a sports cat is to reduce the resistance in the exhaust to free up gas flow, The std down pipe and cat are the poor obsticles so makes no sense reusing the std cat.

better off getting one of these welded to a large down pipe

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-76mm-Centre-Magnaflow-200-Cell-CPSI-Universal-High-Flow-Sports-Cat-/110830244086?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19cdff50f6

most sports cats are 200 cell so is much better than std cat and still pass MOT

or get a proper decat and a friendly MOT place..

Guest BigJase88

The point of either a decat pipe or a sports cat is to reduce the resistance in the exhaust to free up gas flow, The std down pipe and cat are the poor obsticles so makes no sense reusing the std cat.

better off getting one of these welded to a large down pipe

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-76mm-Centre-Magnaflow-200-Cell-CPSI-Universal-High-Flow-Sports-Cat-/110830244086?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19cdff50f6

most sports cats are 200 cell so is much better than std cat and still pass MOT

or get a proper decat and a friendly MOT place..

Supposedly the standard cat isnt the restriction here... Its the stock downpipe that is the bottle neck

My mot guy said I could get away with th top one as the pipe looks like it had a sports cat of some kind, meaning hee could pass it. We all know the truth but if Mr vosa were to stop me out the mot station things cold be put down to poor judgment instead of a dodgy mot evasion.

Your mot is only valid for the day it is issued , It doesn't mean your car is road legal through the year till the next one.

And chances of being stopped at the roadside for a check are mayeb 50/50 but chances of them having emission reading equipment are slim .

I'm an hgv mechanic and have never seen anything like this at roadside checks and I have had them a lot with what I drive with work and I'm in contact with vosa atleast once a week.

Supposedly the standard cat isnt the restriction here... Its the stock downpipe that is the bottle neck

True as the downpipe is small and not well shaped for performance, but the cat is still restrictive and no point keeping that on a better downpipe

Your mot is only valid for the day it is issued , It doesn't mean your car is road legal through the year till the next one.

And chances of being stopped at the roadside for a check are mayeb 50/50 but chances of them having emission reading equipment are slim .

I'm an hgv mechanic and have never seen anything like this at roadside checks and I have had them a lot with what I drive with work and I'm in contact with vosa atleast once a week.

its not about that.. If theres some kind of cat looking thin in place, at the MOTers discretion it will pass if its a cat or not. . if there was nothing there at all and it just rolled out the workshop then its the MOTers and garages arses on the line so there discretion falls to follow the rules. Hence... that top down pipe is perfect! My scooby passed the emissions with a 3" Turbo back system so with a correctly set up car it would not be an issue.

There is nothing to say that you need a cat for mot . If the cat is missing it's not an mot failure the failure is the emissions test . That's the only failure , if the test staion pass's it even though it has failed the emissions test that's their own neck on the line for doing so .

I don't like the friendly test centre approach , if they are willing to over look a failed emissions test what else will they over look for someone who maybe be a better "mate " .

In my opinion either go for a sports cat or decat but put your normal one back on for mot then remove after , this is what i have done with previous car's . I don't have a decat on my octy vrs yet . But I will be getting one and doing the latter

I have bought a car before that had recently had an mot that should never have pasted and I don't mean a decat etc but worn bushes . Due to the garage I got it from being friendly and putting it through for a mate cause he put all his car's through him. I went to the garage and told him it shouldn't have passed to be met with abuse . which I went to vosa and reported it .. I don't mind the car needing the work , I do all my own work anyway . My thoughts are with the people who buy car's in good faith but get a car that is defective and they then have to spend more money getting it put right.

If your car's legal at mot then neither you or the test station have anything to have come back on them

It's only my 2 pence worth and not meant to offend.

If you want a whole discussion about mot's . They are trying to being in that if your car is got more power output than it should ie. chipped it will be an mot failure. I have all the paperwork in my toolbox at work about new things vosa are trying to bring out. It's their way of trying to get old cars off the road .

Oh and your electric socket on your tow bar now come's into mot . If it's wired wrong as they plug it in to a test socket it's a failure.

Im sorry fella, your wrong. If a car was made with a Cat from the factory it MUST have one present on the date of MOT. If it passes a Emmitions test or not... Simple as that. Emmisions is another rule completely. Im aware of all the rules comming in to play in the next couple of years as a manager, i had to read pages of crap around August last year when all garages got the memo from Vosa about the up and comming rules. The whole chipped car thing has been lerking for years now, they are scare tactics.. Cars aint always remapped just so you can go faster, alot of Dervs are mapped for the torque for towing etc, they cant possibly ban it as it can be classed as a safety modification. (hills etc)

Unfortunatly, the government and Vosa have realised that the modded car word is a good place to rape people with all there stupid regs and rules. They always send wacky Memos and 90% never comes into play!