Brake Fluid

So just booking the car in for second service I mention brake fluid change. The lady says it might be this time or after 3 years!

What would everyone recommend? Given how cheap it is I would rather get it done now.

Thanks

my car is going in next month for its 4th year service, t/belt, water pump, but i am not getting the fluid done as im going to get 4year lasting brake fluid and do it my self.

It is 3 years then every 2 years after that. By doing it this way the cost of doing it is added to the price of a minor service bringing it to just short of £220 including an MOT. A major service is £229 and an MOT is £39. Alternatively buy a good quality brake bleeder ( I recommend the Mityvac at £40) and a litre of brake fluid and do it yourself. On the Volvo I can do it in 30 minutes as you can access the bleed nipples through the wheel spokes. Don't forget the clutch line too (the garage will and will try to charge you extra if you ask them to do it!)