What have I got and What Hidden Extra's?

Hi Guys,

I appreciate that this may have been discussed previously but i'm new to the forum.

I have recently purchased a MK2 Octy and wondering what hidden features there are on this car?

I also own a MK2 Leon Cupra which has things such as when I unlock the car the head lights come on so I can see where i'm going, if I leave the lights on they switch off if the key is taken out of the ignition.

Have I got this option hidden in the Octy?

I also have a standard stereo which has an Aux capability displayed on the screen, I cannot find a docking station or an in for a cable, does or is this stereo capable of having a lead to allow me to play and use my ipod?

I've found the 6 disc in the rear which is one bonus but all my music is on my pod! lol

I'd appreciate any other advice on what is hidden in the car that fellow Octy drivers have discovered?

I have discovered like most VAG's the windows drop and close if the key is held.

I look forward to you adds

AJ

The Aux socket is in the Jumbo Box, under the arm rest

The passenger side rear fog light can be activated but a Vac Com is needed. the bulb and wiring are there just needs turning on

Assuming the OP has a jumbo box ofc.

Jimm, if you have an early Mk2 with the non-mp3 Stream headunit it won't have native aux-in capability (despite it bizarrely having an Aux function in the settings), though there are ways around this (Connects2 adapter).

Edit: If you have the Stream-mp3 headunit and still don't have an aux-in, then you can add one easily with a couple of cables from ebay.

Edited by chr1staylor

Cheers for the reply.

I take it the cable i need is called a connects2 adapter?

Any idea on costs and work involved to fit it?

My Oct is a pre face lift and when looking in the arm rest there is a black ring in the middle with a hoop what does that do?

Cheers for the reply.

I take it the cable i need is called a connects2 adapter?

Any idea on costs and work involved to fit it?

My Oct is a pre face lift and when looking in the arm rest there is a black ring in the middle with a hoop what does that do?

What year is it and what does it say on your headunit?