Very Impressed With my new Purchase

HtecElite

Hi All,

I'm Danny from Leicestershire.

I've just picked up a 2003 Skoda Octavia VRS 1.8t. I'm sooo happy with my purchase. Its running sweet and drives brilliantly. My budget was tight so i am surprised.

Quick list of Mods known:-

Induction Kit.

Exhaust ( need to confirm by figuring out whats standard)

Remap ( R-tech)

Im booked in for 4 new tyres to be fitted this afternoon. At that point its off to the rolling road to find out what shes got. :)

Ive got a couple of questions if you can help me.

1) It seems to have Blue springs but does not appear to be lowered? Are these standard?

2) 1st thing in the morning theres a noise like a squeal. Someone mentioned a secondary pump? whats that?

3) Where is a local meet held? a friend said Mansfield. Where abouts.

Anyway thanks in advance for any help or advise.

th_IMG_9637.jpg

th_IMG_9627.jpg

th_IMG_9594.jpg

th_IMG_9590.jpg

th_IMG_9589.jpg

Hi and Welcome,

The car looks mint :thumbup: , Ive had mine now for about 6 years still makes me smile.

For the tech q's try doing a search first, you will find a load of answers to typical questions.

Those engines run best on top grade petrol, strangely enough it also improves mpg as well as performance,

tho' if you have a lead right foot enough said lol.

Standard front springs are :- 1J0 - 411 - 105 AJ

(Paint ident' marking blobs on coils...1 violet, 4 yellow)

Standard rear springs are :- 1J0 - 511 - 115 AA

(Paint ident' marking blobs on coils....1 silver, 3 blue)

Thanks for the welcomes guys. I'm going to do a lot of reading and lurking for the next couple of weeks so the search button will get battered.

I ran the car on the Dyno last night, it was surging but i believe thats common. It made 191bhp and 306nm of torque. Im quite happy with that considering its only go a crappy induction cone on it.

Right im now off to research secondary air pump squeal. I dont even know what a 1st air pump is for let alone a second one. Oh well will keep me entertained for a bit.

:)

Best get that surging nailed as soon as poss ... it can cause a lot of tears (as I know!).... check out your N75 (wastegate control valve) and Diverter Valve. Also check Spark Plug condition / gapping. Oh and your MAF too. Lastly, the surging may be the map. (R-Tech have now resolved surging on their maps but if you have an early map that was done from a 'surgy' stock map, this may be the cause).

I had a total nightmare with surging, changed everything, to no avail. Eventually changed my ECU and finally got to remapped VRS heaven. :)

WELCOME!

Edited by Longyear
  • Like 1

Best get that surging nailed as soon as poss ... it can cause a lot of tears (as I know!).... check out your N75 (wastegate control valve) and Diverter Valve. Also check Spark Plug condition / gapping. Oh and your MAF too. Lastly, the surging may be the map. (R-Tech have now resolved surging on their maps but if you have an early map that was done from a 'surgy' stock map, this may be the cause).

I had a total nightmare with surging, changed everything, to no avail. Eventually changed my ECU and finally got to remapped VRS heaven. :)

WELCOME!

Hi Longyear and thanks for the advice.

I will deffinately look into getting those things sorted, Dr Gower is a mate of mine so I will have him Diagnose the faults if he can find some.

Hinckley - Where im from has been bombarded with Golfball size hailstones today and they have destryed my Mitsubishi Evo 8, Whoops.

Octavia from now on then lol

You will always find me at R-tech if you need me. Mine is the unit next door.

Feel free to pop in say hi, i will get the kettle on.

I would like to attend the next meet so im gunna look in the meets section now. :)