Did The Gee Man Black Headlight Mod, Broke Indicators

used a satin elastic type stick forever black paint. prepd properly (that chrome comes off in a blink with white spirit)

Had trouble with the indicators and have cracked them so when my new ones arrive, ill just fit em as is, lost my confidence there.

stuck old indicators together so they still work and are solid just look shoddy

blacklights1.jpg

blacklights2.jpg

• Like 3

A company called trupart did smoked indicators for the octavia ,no sure if they still do tho . I remember looking them up @ work and if i remember they were about £20 for the pair .

P.S car looks mint (best colour but am bias lol )

Edited by hastie84

Looks bang on that mate. You should start up a journal if you havent already

Havent, im a competant mechanic/window cleaner, and bought the car on merit of its reliability for work but once i started fixing parts that needed fixed i just kept going with inspiration of the guys on here.

Im kinda spur of the monment and should really plan to photograph and log the steps, thing is im following ones that are already on here. :happy:

A company called trupart did smoked indicators for the octavia ,no sure if they still do tho . I remember looking them up @ work and if i remember they were about £20 for the pair .

Nice ill actually think about smoking mine as ive already ordered :wall:

How did you find taking your headlights apart? Looks like a bit of a ball ache

Not just the balls. Worst part is trying to separate the lens, i have to admit to some damage here, but it went back together with glazing superstrong clear silicone and dried in about 5 hours. A slight fog appearing now but it has been a crap day and once i have a warm engine and the headlights on it should clear a bit

I did mine ages ago and i will admit they are a complete bag to split, plenty of heat and i mean plenty of heat and a big screwdriver and they do come apart,

Mine need doing again as paint reacted and has bubbled inside

i used a plastic friendly craft type hard knock kids toy genre of paint. Plus the chroming is sooooo weak i just used a little white spirit and the stuff just about fell off, prob why you got bubbles. If i do it again ill buy new ones and do them over time properly

aye mine had faded so added to the weakness i think it just creaked and fractured and for some reason i didnt stop until ping, a piece of plastic right in the peeper

theres a fella on here with a mega decked black vRS. (had white wheels on and twin exit zorts) thats where i got the insperation from.. cant remember the members name, his car looks so mean!

Thanks goes to him as hes the original one to do it i think! :)

Tidy looking motor there, look's similair to how I've been planning to do mine, except it's a red 'un :p. Not braved touching the headlights yet, how long did they take?

Also need to find a new grill, want it matte as opposed to the 3M CF wrap on it atm, and the whacking great stonechip I've picked up that's snapped 2 of the blades ><.