Don't do what I did....

Friday 1500 en-route to campsite, speak about trade-in. Dealer say's he'll give me a price. Sunday leave campsite 1015 pull into jet wash en-route to family occasion with rather muddy red VRS. 1035 pull out of jet wash with lots of surface scratches to roof, A pillar, wing, bonnet, rear of hatch, which T-cut doesn't touch. My fault for not pulling car closer or realising how abrasive the rubber hose was, First time I've ever washed the car away from my drive. Dealer calls this am, decide I don't want to trade in. Straight round to the local body shop, which demonstrate that a premium polish; fine rubbing down paper and mop does remove them. This and respraying the rear (oxidized) spoiler will cost £150. Decide to keep the car a bit longer and give it a treat, stone chipped bonnet, front spoiler. Rear spoiler and marks on other panels to be resprayed for £600 to bring it back to showroom condition to go with the refurbed wheels. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I won't be washing at the garage again.

i feel for you mate,ive never let any other man or machine near my car with "cleaning" products.

£600 does seem like a decent price though,if it is a decent job.

I dont under stand why you are blaming the the place were you washed your car for the damage which you caused by your own words by dragging the house over the car. It would have been all the small stones stuck to hose by water that caused the damage not the hose. The car will look good when it's finished which will give you even more reason to drive it on a sunny night.

I dont under stand why you are blaming the the place were you washed your car for the damage which you caused by your own words by dragging the house over the car. It would have been all the small stones stuck to hose by water that caused the damage not the hose. The car will look good when it's finished which will give you even more reason to drive it on a sunny night.

The clue is in the title and the words "My fault". It is a cautionary tale so that others don't make an expensive error like myself and Stormchaser. However I hope it does look like new again, it is still my favourite car.

Strong lad dragging the HOUSE over it :giggle: , glad you got it sorted, good price too :sun:

You have to be careful with petrol pump hoses too if you're forced to go to the wrong side. They're always covered in sand.

You have to be careful with petrol pump hoses too if you're forced to go to the wrong side. They're always covered in sand.

Too true - my spoiler is showing signs..........

Always hold it clear with the non pump hand (might have to rephrase that...) or :-)