I live in the future

Togo

I live in the future, or at least the next 3 months :hi:

I have been lucky enough to be allowed to borrow an electric car for 3 months that has a big 16kWh battery and no benzine/diesel engine.

It is a Peugeot Ion, a small car but very very fun to drive! It has 180nm and a 49kWh electric engine. 180nm makes it really fun to drive.

The problem is the range it can cover only around 80 - 120 km (50 - 75 miles). Thanks to clever.dk for let me borrow it.

Best regards from the future.

- Togo

Message to the future. Sounds like fun.

We'll be there in 10 minutes and we've got a towrope, a trailer and a large tankful of high-energy-density fuel.

• Like 1

Kinda reminds me of the Tata Nano. Very reassuring...

EDIT: I would say that I hope we meet on the road. But I'm afraid that I'd run you off the road if I drive past you... That thing looks very...robust...

Edited by DaKKs_152

Isn't that a Mitsubishi I-miev wearing a Peugeot badge?

Yes, which itself is a Mushibushi i for tree huggers.

My dad has a proper Mushibushi i with the 3 cyl turbo engine which is a pretty rare sight on the UK's roads.

• Like 1

It looks kinda charming, in a strange way. If it only was two or three times larger. Looks like a toy car on steroids this way.

I've got nothing against small cars, the Fiat 126 (Polski Fiat) and the Mini are some of my favourite cars. But this? Nah.

I live in the future, or at least the next 3 months :hi:

I have been lucky enough to be allowed to borrow an electric car for 3 months that has a big 16kWh battery and no benzine/diesel engine.

It is a Peugeot Ion, a small car but very very fun to drive! It has 180nm and a 49kWh electric engine. 180nm makes it really fun to drive.

The problem is the range it can cover only around 80 - 120 km (50 - 75 miles). Thanks to clever.dk for let me borrow it.

Best regards from the future.

- Togo

Sounds good perfect for low mileage I've been looking at the vauxhall ampera

I must say, that I love the idea about an electric car. Recharging at home cheap and recharge on the go.

clever.dk is build infrastructure to support electric cars. They are offering Quick Charge stations that will recharging the battery from 10% to 80% in 20 mins (charging at 135A at 350V) . and then you are ready to travel again.

Another operator here in Denmark is "Better Place" that will offer battery replace stations. It should take about 5 mins.

BUT the Peugeot Ion if think is an ugly car and it is way to small. There is no boot, just one big battery.

• Like 1

I must say, that I love the idea about an electric car. Recharging at home cheap and recharge on the go.

clever.dk is build infrastructure to support electric cars. They are offering Quick Charge stations that will recharging the battery from 10% to 80% in 20 mins (charging at 135A at 350V) . and then you are ready to travel again.

Another operator here in Denmark is "Better Place" that will offer battery replace stations. It should take about 5 mins.

BUT the Peugeot Ion if think is an ugly car and it is way to small. There is no boot, just one big battery.

Not much boot room in the normal version either, the engine is under there. Understandably, for a city car the emphasis is on cabin space over load practicality

• Administrators

My wife has to pick a new lease car, being she works for a green agenda company, most are dull as dishwater.

lots and lots of 1.6 diesels.

This time around we're going to play the company car system and have a good car, I loose my good car, but as I now bike to work, thats ok.

So on the list are a selection of hybrids and a very cheap ampera. I was very hooked on it!

Until I discovered that it's going to be useless in the world I live in, that is I drive somewhere for weekend to go camping in a field. I get 50 miles on the batt's then I'm on the petrol engine at 35mpg. Whats more the power of 150bhp is only on batt's and when on petrol it can be as low as 35hp...

Don't get me wrong, I was so very close to saying yes, test it, till I found that out. Give it 5 years when I can drive to scotland on batts, the engine is charging the batts as well as generating, then I reckon I'm on the wagon.

Why? I took a 3008 out for a drive, ok in trick mode 200bhp it's ok, under hard accel the auto leaves something to be desired, but on the whole the car worked. What I loved was the smoothness of the battery electric drive up to 30mph from a 37bhp motor... double or triple that, now that would be nice.

For me till I can drive 700 miles, pitch a tent and drive 700 back on electric drive only, I'll be a gas gussler. That said it looks like the 3008 is going to get the nod, or a prius thing :(

Togo, let us know how you find it, how you used it and so on.