Why am I paranoid?

kiddy1

Afternoon folks :)

When I started going to rally's a few years ago I bought myself a Canon 400D, then upgraded to a 450D (got it for £150) and in the past few months I upgraded again to a 550D. I love using the camera and seeing the results, this is great at events such as rally's etc.

When it comes to using the camera in the City or 'in public' why am I paranoid about someone wanting to pinch it? :sweat: I know it's not massivley expensive in comparison to alot of other peoples kit, but nevertheless.....

Thoughts?

Afternoon folks :)

When I started going to rally's a few years ago I bought myself a Canon 400D, then upgraded to a 450D (got it for £150) and in the past few months I upgraded again to a 550D. I love using the camera and seeing the results, this is great at events such as rally's etc.

When it comes to using the camera in the City or 'in public' why am I paranoid about someone wanting to pinch it? :sweat: I know it's not massivley expensive in comparison to alot of other peoples kit, but nevertheless.....

Thoughts?

Because there are too many thieving ******s out there, who want everything for nothing.

Long and short is you have to insure it and just take the risk.

Of course it doesn't help that we're all so paranoid about insurance going up due to a claim, due to the stupid price hikes they give you if you've ever had one.

paranoia is a product of environment. Sods law says the thing you worry about is the thing that goes wrong. Its hard to do but train yourself to be care free but respectfull i.e stop worrying as its like chewing gum to put out a fire (useless) - but showing respect for the environment, being aware that this could happen and taking appropriate precautions.

Nothing in this world should cause a person to worry about, more than they enjoy a product, otherwise whats the point of shortening your life? Material things are nice but they are fleeting and replaceable in the throw away society we have. Worry about family, friends, health, these are the important things.

A life filled with worry is no life at all!

Not easy though as the old chinese proverb says " It is hard for a man to concentrate on anything else, if his eyebrows are on fire" (yes genuine proverb) As there is a novelty its in front of your mind and hard to do anything else but worry

Edited by Lofty79

Not easy though as the old chinese proverb says " It is hard for a man to concentrate on anything else, if his eyebrows are on fire" (yes genuine proverb) As there is a novelty its in front of your mind and hard to do anything else but worry

As crazy and typically Chinese as that Proverb is, it actually makes sense :giggle:

I think I just need to 'man up'..... or buy a huuuuuge lense and take photo's from a distance.