Removal of Sun Visor Clips

How do you remove the interior Sun Visor Clip where it attaches to the roof lining which the Visor clips into, Haynes is very vague on removing it.

Any help much appreciated.

DB.

Edited by mogwye

Some people say it can be done easily but tried and tried but couldn't see how.

I had to cut mine off in the end and replaced with a new one. I modified the new one so that it clipped on and off easier.

It's not easy at all, took me about half an hour of shoving a screwdriver around the edges and trying to pry off without any luck. In the end what I did was put a thin screwdriver in the gap where the hook was broken off and pushed one of the sides (can't remember which now was a while ago!) this then popped the black cover off so it revealed the 2 screws! The black cover wont break as its really flexible and the reason its so hard to get off is there are 4 clips on the bottom.

Hope this helps ;)

OK, thanks for an inkling on how it comes off, mine is not actually broken but I need to take it off, so if anyone else can throw more light on exactly where to prise it off, it would be most appreciated.

DB.

The clip is in 2 pieces, you need to remove the cover first, a thin screwdriver from the back is best, be careful as you can easily damage the headlining, the cover is less than 1mm thick so you don't have to insert the screwdriver very far but it can be a bit fiddly! Once the cover is off it's a simple screwdriver job, took me a couple of mins to get both sides off. I had to replace the headlining to get rid of the nicotine and fag pollution!