Problem with electric boot lid.

Hi, anyone else that has problems with the electric bot lid? Mine has stopped working after a year. After a reset at the workshop it worked for a day. Now they put in new electric motors but it still doesn´t work and the workshop doesn´t know what´s wrong. All the experienced mechanics are on vacation so have to wait a few weeks before they continue the search. Can it be the sensors that stop the lid if it touches anything?

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have the same problem. Very intermittent as the boot may work fine for a few days and them act up. I've had the boot lid reset by my dealer as well. It has failed to work twice today and once yesterday.

Must take the car back to them in the coming weeks to see what can be done. It is not encouraging to hear that a motor change did not help the problem.

Have a read of this - specifically response 17 onwards

http://www.briskoda....ost__p__2416165

That post was about problems with the hatch twindoor mechanism whereas I think this topic refers to the electric boot option on the estate. Only problem with mine was early on when the lock didn't engage once but it's never happened again since. Car is only 3 months old. I've been very impressed how the car relocks and resets the alarm automatically after you've been in the boot.

Hi,

I had a look at the recommended thread and applied the fix. Have tried the "hatch" opening mechanism several times since with success. Hopefully, that has sorted the problem. If I have trouble again, i will post here.

Thanks for the help......

• 4 years later...

DEar All, 

i have an electric tailgate for my Skoda Superb Mark 3. It has always given me problems with adjusting the height. Also when all is working well a friend forgets and tries to pull up or close down the boot, and then I have to reset it. 

In short, it has been in for repair and reprogramming after 2 years as stopped working properly. 

this weekend, when I was due to drive to Bordeaux it stopped and LOCKED completely in the up position. I could not drive anywhere as it was 100% up? In garage this morning and they have disconnencted the electric mounts and are ordering some manual. 

Why::::: these electric rods are unrelaible, and if they ever lock and you are away from home you are really in the ****. Even the VW garage does not like them and advises manual. In short replacing the electrics 2 x €500 plus labour for elecrrics inside the car. Manuals 2 x €60 and 2 minutes labour. 

In short this electric option is unrelaible, poor design, expensive to replace and worse......you could miss your ferry, holiday etc or lose your belongings if in a city etc. 

These are a rubbish and not a VW group plus point 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jonbown said:

DEar All, 

i have an electric tailgate for my Skoda Superb Mark 3. It has always given me problems with adjusting the height. Also when all is working well a friend forgets and tries to pull up or close down the boot, and then I have to reset it. 

In short, it has been in for repair and reprogramming after 2 years as stopped working properly. 

this weekend, when I was due to drive to Bordeaux it stopped and LOCKED completely in the up position. I could not drive anywhere as it was 100% up? In garage this morning and they have disconnencted the electric mounts and are ordering some manual. 

Why::::: these electric rods are unrelaible, and if they ever lock and you are away from home you are really in the ****. Even the VW garage does not like them and advises manual. In short replacing the electrics 2 x €500 plus labour for elecrrics inside the car. Manuals 2 x €60 and 2 minutes labour. 

In short this electric option is unrelaible, poor design, expensive to replace and worse......you could miss your ferry, holiday etc or lose your belongings if in a city etc. 

These are a rubbish and not a VW group plus point 

Hi Jon,

I agree with you, and if my struts fail again I want to convert my estate to a manual boot. Do you have the part numbers for the manual struts, and is it a case of just swapping the electric for manual and disconnecting the wiring?

Thanks

Matt 

Hi Captains lingerie, 

the electric struts are easy to unbolt but the problem is the cables. You then have to open up inside the  rear strut covers to disconnect them. I am letting the garage do it but I guess it is relatively Easy. For the manual struts it takes 2 minutes to simply bolt them on. Need two persons, one to hold up boot. I don't k'ow if you need any reprogramming of the CPU. I think it is cheap to do in Skoda garage.

otherwise Skoda superb is fantastic. I do 1500 a week and at 180000 this is the only problem plus the water pump needed replacing at 150000 service. In short I will get the new one next year but this one will easily do 400k with same engine as pollution analysis was excellent at 16000 mot. 

Regards

jon 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2017 at 18:24, jonbown said:

Hi Captains lingerie, 

the electric struts are easy to unbolt but the problem is the cables. You then have to open up inside the  rear strut covers to disconnect them. I am letting the garage do it but I guess it is relatively Easy. For the manual struts it takes 2 minutes to simply bolt them on. Need two persons, one to hold up boot. I don't k'ow if you need any reprogramming of the CPU. I think it is cheap to do in Skoda garage.

otherwise Skoda superb is fantastic. I do 1500 a week and at 180000 this is the only problem plus the water pump needed replacing at 150000 service. In short I will get the new one next year but this one will easily do 400k with same engine as pollution analysis was excellent at 16000 mot. 

Regards

jon 

Thanks Jon,

Much appreciated. Have a great weekend.

Thanks for the laugh too!

Matt