Spare bulb kit for trip to France

Hi

Off to France in September with my Fabia. Will a standard universal bulb kit, as sold e.g. on Amazon or in Halfords, be OK?

Thanks

Rob

Plus hi-vis jacket, first aid kit, do you still need a warning triangle(?) and i think two do it youself breathalysers.

Also GPS must not have traffic camera notification enabled, nor can you use a radar detector (e.g. Road Angel).

Don't you just love the French?

Thanks, folks. Have a hi-vi, first aid kit and triangle. Just need the breathalysers and universal bulb kit now!

Won't be any room for luggage at this rate :)

You don't need spare bulb kit, it isn't law.

The breathalyser law isn't enforced til November anyway so save your money.

They were required from July 1st 2012,

is 'not being enforced' an official position being take?

All Lights & Bulbs must be working at all times, which is good enough reason to carry Spares to suit your vehicle as a Fine will hit your pocket more than the price of a set of spares

george

Edited by sk4gw

I believe that is true as there was a shortage on the run up to 1st July introduction, however, i don't think i'd risk chancing it with the damn French police, unless of course you have a LHD vehicle and any number plate from Europe except the UK.

Paranoid......yes i am.

They were required from July 1st 2012,

is 'not being enforced' an official position being take?

george

Yes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18662555

Grace period until November.

It is a totally flawed, unthought out law. You have to have 2 breathalysers present in your car. This is to enable you to test yourself to see if you are fit to drive should you suspect that you are not. Say you use one, you are fit to drive, you are then breaking the law as you only have one breathalyser left.

Personally i would risk the €11 fine considering i did 1600miles last week through France, Belgium and Germany and only saw one Police car in Germany.

Yes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-18662555

Grace period until November.

It is a totally flawed, unthought out law. You have to have 2 breathalysers present in your car. This is to enable you to test yourself to see if you are fit to drive should you suspect that you are not. Say you use one, you are fit to drive, you are then breaking the law as you only have one breathalyser left.

Personally i would risk the €11 fine considering i did 1600miles last week through France, Belgium and Germany and only saw one Police car in Germany.

Not true regarding breathalysers. French law requires one. I have checked the decree. The bit about using one is purely supposition. There is no compulsion to ever use the one you carry.

Also the breathalyser must be in date, and carry the approved French mark (2 yrs life)

Edited by bryanb

The first aid kit isn't law either!

Not true regarding breathalysers. French law requires one. I have checked the decree. The bit about using one is purely supposition. There is no compulsion to ever use the one you carry.

Also the breathalyser must be in date, and carry the approved French mark (2 yrs life)

It is true.

Yes it is law and no it isn't being enforced until November. If you never use the ones you carry, it sort of defeats the whole object don't you think?

I also know that you don't need a first aid kit but I carry one as a matter of course as you never know when you may need one.