Eibach springs before and after?

Has anyone got any pictures of before and after getting Eibach spings 30mm ones preferably on standard wheels?

Thinking about getting some but unsure of how they sit and whether i want to go lower..

Cheers

BvJ4wvwmkKGrHqEOKiEEvNzIQS99BMDVoKDjQ_12.jpg

hope this helps

skoda003-2.jpg

its not on Eibach but still 30mm springs

Makes loads more difference than i though if thats only 30! Are they H&R springs? Whats the ride like?

Chaz are they 30mm because if they are I'm sold.. Makes a huge difference

Only 30mm m8 they are Spax or Apex I think with standard dampers,the ride is a bit bumpy ,Eibach or H&R are probs a better ride

Do they effect ride quality/drive ability?

Edited by chaz 18

You're welcome to my Eibach's (used & boxed) which I'm taking off

Personally I think they're a terrible spring. Main problems is they are too soft, I don't like their progression and they overlower the car. Almost all of the damper travel is lost and the handling is affected creating more roll and some other negative handling issues. Lowering so much into the damper travel will wear out the damper alot quicker. They are a crashy ride (again, no travel), banging onto the bump stops. The ride, when not crashing, is generally bouncy. On smooth tarmac round the bends they're great :)

Edited by bonesetter

You're welcome to my Eibach's (used & boxed) which I'm taking off

Personally I think they're a terrible spring. Main problems is they are too soft, I don't like their progression and they overlower the car. Almost all of the damper travel is lost and the handling is affected creating more roll and some other negative handling issues. Lowering so much into the damper travel will wear out the damper alot quicker. They are a crashy ride (again, no travel), banging onto the bump stops. The ride, when not crashing, is generally bouncy. On smooth tarmac round the bends they're great :)

Ill take them off ya hands ;)

I don't know how you guys cope with lowered cars...

A recent trip to Germany with 4 adults and a boot full would have been unbearable with lowered suspention and would have probably bottomed out on some of the bumps we hit at high speed. Also mine has smaller wheel and bigger profile tyres which makes it even softer.

Shame though as they look so much nicer lowered...

• Like 1

I ran some H&R springs for a while and was quite impressed but over time they are not the best option as they can ruin your dampers if they have got a lot of miles on them. It all depends on how much you want to benefit from them… i changed mine for coilovers because i wanted better handling but if u just want it to look better then id say get the H&Rs

How much do they actually lower the car?

I had heard they don't really effect the ride.

I might look at H&R springs instead..

What are you running now?

I'm running these

P1020462.JPG

They are Bilstein B8's on KW springs (lower by 20mm)

The B8 has a shorter travel than OE and is therefore better suited for a 'lowering' spring. the KW is stiffer than most, and also lowers less. The reasoning behind this combo is my priority was to maintain as much travel as possible, and not over lower the car. This will protect the dynamic geometry (and travel), plus I'll get more travel from less lowering combined with the shortened damper which will give max travel possible on a lowered setup.

• 2 weeks later...

Here was my old one, albeit, on 17"s...

Before:

DSC00729.jpg

After:

DSC00732.jpg

As for the negative comments about the Eibach springs. Personally, I felt mine rode better on them. Was a lot more compliant than the OEM springs that came off, didnt seem to crash over bumps as much.

Edited by Disco_Mikey

I have Koni str.ts on mine, down 30mm. Looks a lot lower then you would think it would. Also been on holiday with luggage to the roof and still no problems. I did a post a bit back with before and after pics if you can find it

FK coilovers! 199 pound you cant go wrong then you can have it sit how you want with the benefits of knowing you have all new dampers all round.

I had some Eibach on my 182, they said lower -20mm but it didnt lower it at all, just looked the same