Car wash - playing with my new camera

BossFox

Just got it, so still playing and learning. Any suggestions more that welcome, I am a complete noob at DSLR. :)

Few from cleaning the car today...

11gtr1.jpg

11gtr2.jpg

11gtr3.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I know that you already posted these elsewhere and I made a silly comment, The colour of your car is much more true to life than earlier pics I've seen (a serious comment). White balance is off in the third one down, but that is easily fixed

Wish I had the time money to learn about photography properly. I'm seriously considering trading my compact for a decent bridge camera. I can't be doing with changing lenses while out and about and getting crud inside a DSLR.

Totally agree with previous comments - do not use a sponge. Grit get stuck in the sponge and will show as minute scratch marks that seem to get exaggerated in the sunshine.

As regards the camera work, please thoroughly read the manual then just start using all the different settings. Years ago, in a camera club, we were asked to go a photograph a lamppost using all the possible settings on the camera. Sounds deadly dull but the resultant 'photos were a huge help in understanding the camera's potential.

Hope you get to grips both with the new camera and the youngster damaging the paintwork!!

Thanks for the tip. :)

It's not paintwork. The car has a coloured vinyl wrap to protect the paintwork.

I'd have never let him near it otherwise! :D

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip. :)

It's not paintwork. The car has a coloured vinyl wrap to protect the paintwork.

I'd have never let him near it otherwise! :D

aha, what colour was it originally then? any pics from before?

Does that wrap not scrape Richard? Well within reason, Fairly Tough?

It's tougher than paint, so as it's temporary I just don't worry about it too much.

It makes the ownership experience much more relaxing.

I can't be doing with changing lenses while out and about and getting crud inside a DSLR.

Unless you plan to take your lens off in a sandstorm in the Sahara, then lock your mirror up you won't have too much of a problem lol. Plus the sensor can be cleaned for £30.

Mmmm nice car :)