Quality car mats at a steal of a price

Just bought some new mats they come with fixings reinforced heel pad on drivers side and choice of colour trim ordered Sunday arrived today for £21.49 delivered .

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_2551wt_1396

And add a set of mat badges...http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VRS-CAR-MAT-BADGE-/120954585582?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c297481ee

Just fitted some to my original vrs mats.

*Note: the vrs badge on the original mats just peels off so if in good condition can be stuck onto new mats. ( tip of the week no.246 lol)

Edited by goonybird

• 4 weeks later...

are you serious???? i ordered some, arrived today and they are total ****e, basically made the same as halfords budget mats. plus the seller is an arrogant ****, trying to get out of honouring his own returns policy. i would think twice before ordering, i will be getting oem mats, which will last more than 5 minutes without breaking up

an excerpt from WERCARMATS latest email to me regarding the mats:

Please leave us a negative feedback to reflect how unhappy you are so I can give customer support a ring and speak to Carol who will quickly resolve the situation for me.

The returns address is: Ambassador Car Mats, Unit 100 Bradley Hall Trading Estate, Standish, Wigan, WN6 0XQ.

P.S. When you upgrade to a decent car you're willing to spend a bit more money on give us a call and we'll get you some real top quality car mats made.

Thank you for your custom

nice i thought lol

Wow thats terrible service. I would leave negative feedback and get in contact with ebay about how bad he is acting. Kick up a fuss and get ebay to tell him to shut up as it reflects badly on them. FWIW there is no Carrol - I use this line on salesmen myself when I tell them about the great service I receive from local competitors. Works every time.

DSS199. I have the same car as you and no, they dont affix to the floor. There is no anchor points which is a bit annoying as the mat slips about a bit sometimes. It was on VRSs only as far as I am aware. Its not that obvious though as the little holes are pretty much just under the front of the chair out of sight.

With regards to mats I bought some fairly cheapo ones that were about £14 and they've last quite well. The drivers reinforced part is starting to get thin but its not broken through yet and I think there is another year or so in it. that is with 12k miles a year.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure Which Mats you have been sent but i stand by what i said the quality is excellent probably thicker pile than the originals and the service was good

I agree his response was not good but sounds like you may have upset him with your first complaint

So do I order or not? In need of some more pats as the originals have split.

Abit reluctant now, was hovering over the buy button Friday night but after reading your shocking response I'm not so sure..

Just pay the extra and buy the original matts from dealer. Went through two sets of "quality" matts from eBay. Both different suppliers and both were shocking. Vrs badges peeled off within a week. Oem ones have been in nearly 2 years and are still as new.

I have some normal Octavia / Dealer mats in my car. I got them from Mark when his car was written off, so not sure what mileage they have done with him (lets say 40k), I put them in at 70k, and now they are are at 202k. That gives 172k. My right heal has started to wear through the fabric, but given the age and miles of abuse they have put up with I think that is reasonable.

The only odd thing is that the anchors points on the passenger mat seem to have ripped out of the fabric - I cam only blame the car-share-man for this, as he is pretty much the only person who ever sits in that seat for any reasonable number of miles. Maybe he does a lot of passenger seat braking (as I don't have much need to do it from the drivers side!)