talk about busted, mobility car misuse

Nath.

There are reasons for that.

War Disabled receive a higher rate of Benefit than the £54.10 a week & can Lease Higher value Vehicles.

A Family or Partnership may have more than one person Receiving HR DLA MC & can use 2 payments to lease higher value vehicles.

Some More Expensive vehicles to suit certain disability needs may be requiring extensive & expensive adaptions might be leased for 5 years.

If not being Purchased under the HP scheme that they try not to encourage the use3 of anymore.

8.8% interest rate or more.

There is more, but you might get the point.

george

I think that Motability cars should be from a very limited list and the whole system geared to keeping a disabled person mobile. Too many people believe that a Motability car is automatically a "family car" and take great offence when told otherwise. There have been many cases where the car has been acquired for the "wife's use" and the husband takes the car to work every day and the wife takes a taxi to get around. The vehicle is there for the direct benefit of the claimant, at all times.

Why should the Motability user be restricted in what they can have ? Some might need a Vauxhall Zafira to carry their chair in, or a Transit if they have some form of disability that means they can't bend their legs ? You soon rack up £25k if you need something from Sirus Automotive for example, (others are available as they say on the Beeb). Take a look at the link

http://www.motabilityonline.co.uk/carsearch/carSearchByDetailFormSubmit.htm

Abuse of the system is rife and it should be stopped. I support the poster who said that Motability should look into it. And well done to the idiot who posted/boasted about "his new car". I hope they come knocking and the car is taken off them. It all changes next year anyhow

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/policy/disability/personal-independence-payment/

Used to have lots of mobility cars in my old work in for service Fiesta 1.25's mainly and at least in that area it seemed very genuine the old dears coming in with them got good use and worked well for them and a lot easier than having to worry about any real running costs bar fuel. But this little scum bag needs to be taken to court and have a magistrate bend him over and insert his forearm deep into him and make an example of him as a puppet for the day. But my view on justice is not shared by "The Man" :bandit:

Just had a chilling thought this little twit most likely goes out with his mates abusing car (average mpg 40 odd in a eco) then parks in a disabled bay with his mums badge!!!!! I would flip if I saw him.

Why should the Motability user be restricted in what they can have ? Some might need a Vauxhall Zafira to carry their chair in, or a Transit if they have some form of disability that means they can't bend their legs ? You soon rack up £25k if you need something from Sirus Automotive for example, (others are available as they say on the Beeb). Take a look at the link

http://www.motabilit...lFormSubmit.htm

Best you actually read the rest of that posting my friend.

Wheelchair fits fine in the back of a Ford Focus. Big 7-seater not required for a wheelchair. The car is for the benefit of the claimant, not the rest of the family. The scheme is specifically for the claimant only.

A Transit van? You're kidding right? Best you read where I spoke about conversions in that posting too. But we weren't talking about WAVs or adaptations. Most "kiddies" wouldn't think it's cool to take mums WAV out for a the night with their mates. I can guarantee the donut spouting on about "his" car wouldn't be seen anywhere near a WAV. The "coolest" WAV I've seen so far is just the Caddy just up the road.......but then they paid for that themselves

(So you're up to speed though: most popular forms of WAV, (including those for your person who cannot bend their legs) would be Caddy, Sharan, Teepee, Berlingo. Transit van not required. At the Motability show a couple of weeks ago, there were a grand total of ZERO Transits on show. I'll arrange an invite for next years show for you.)

Unreal and so out of touch.

The Vehicle is for the Disabled person & for their family if they have.

You are not Spending £2800 a year for yourself & your partner and children are traveling by another vehicle.

Funnily even Disabled people have Children, even Wheelchair bound Disabled.

Yes there can be a problem if the Partner needs to take the Vehicle to work, or take out the family and the Disabled person may not be there,

maybe competing at the Paralympics or something say.

Not all people with Disabilities receive loads of money & not all Families with one or more Disabled Members can afford 2 or more vehicles.

No point punishing the genuine because of the cheating scum.

george

Edited by sk4gw

As to the UK Government and the UK Tax Payer.

Look at the accounts of Motability & then Motability Finance.

The Government Might wave the First Registration Fee of £55 & VAT on Adaptions,

Exempt Road Tax and Pay Benefits so complain about that abuse or system.

The Government do not fund Motability.

Now the DLA HR MC.

Dame Tami Grey-Thompson likes her £54.10 a week yet gets her expenses to the Lords Paid,

must be worth a few bob but even if not, not really a charity case. (JMO)

MP Anne Begg gets £165 a night London Allowance, Gets her Travel Paid for Aberdeen-London and everyplace actually & likes her Mobility Benefits also, she said in an interview.

Maybe she gives her £54.10 a week to Charity. But Pigs Will Fly.

Sir David Murray ex of Rangers FC, (double leg Amp) a Multi Millionaire let it be known yesrs ago that he took a vehicle under the Mobility Scheme because it was his right.

It was a £80,000 or so Merc but then he paid the Deposit and paid his money 4 weekly.

I dont understand the greed of many but i understand the pricipal that they are showing.

That they are taking their right to claim their Benefit & use the charity.

Probably they put so much back in that we will never know.

David Murray has the Murray Foundation & Limbs with Attitude as 2 of the Charities he Founded & Funded

This whole car for Paralympic Athletes i understand were they meet the needs,

why they can get Incapacity Benefit i can not understand.

Train Full time for 4 years, but unfit for work.

Nah, this country is warped, PIP will bring some to the ground.

george

Edited by sk4gw

Best you actually read the rest of that posting my friend.

Wheelchair fits fine in the back of a Ford Focus. Big 7-seater not required for a wheelchair. The car is for the benefit of the claimant, not the rest of the family. The scheme is specifically for the claimant only.

A Transit van? You're kidding right? Best you read where I spoke about conversions in that posting too. But we weren't talking about WAVs or adaptations. Most "kiddies" wouldn't think it's cool to take mums WAV out for a the night with their mates. I can guarantee the donut spouting on about "his" car wouldn't be seen anywhere near a WAV. The "coolest" WAV I've seen so far is just the Caddy just up the road.......but then they paid for that themselves

(So you're up to speed though: most popular forms of WAV, (including those for your person who cannot bend their legs) would be Caddy, Sharan, Teepee, Berlingo. Transit van not required. At the Motability show a couple of weeks ago, there were a grand total of ZERO Transits on show. I'll arrange an invite for next years show for you.)

My point wasn't directed at guy we were discussing - my point was directed at the £25k cap which would restrict the type of vehicle that could be obtained for those who need them, like the people who use DFW's. As for the Mobiilty Roadshow, I go every year and have even helped on the stand of the said company I mentioned and funnily enough, their Caddylife was there - granted not a Transit but I do know somebody that only a Transit size vehicle will do.

I'll not pursue this one any further but felt I had to make an informed response to the sort of informed response I received.

Edited by Paul007

They pay the money to the individual.

Then if they want a Car they sign over & DWP pay the Benefit to Motability Finance.

So if that individual spends the 4 weekly money in William Hills, the Government Funds Wiiliam Hills and the Tax from Betting goes back to the Govermnment.

If i Drink the £2,8135 this year i am funding the Spirits Industry from my Mobility allowance by your thinking.

You will be right in your thinking.

If i Spend my £54.10 a week in the Indian Carry out then the UK Government fund Bashir & Bashir might not pay his taxes.

See i thought about it, have you thought much on the Subject.

Now The Motability Grant Fund is proping up the 5 Major banks holding the cash.

1/2 a Million and a bit Motability Customers & around 1/2 a million vehicles on the roads, been bought by Motability Finance & Motability Finance Recieve 1/2 a million times £54.10 every week without default.

& every 3 years or so sell 1/2 a million used cars.

Now its a con.

But many people pocket and spend the Money any way they chose,

use buses & Taxis and Trains, never own a car or use Motability. or are actually housebound.

(if Housebound totally then DLA HR MC should not be getting paid, there are other benefits.

You do not Fund Motability i imagine.

george

Edited by sk4gw

sk4gw - way out there with you. Next door has a Grannie of 80'ty odd with mobility problems, and I've heard a mild stroke.

No problems there as my late dad had a couple of mild strokes, and refused any mobility action.

But my next door ( Mrs Bucket) has gone further. She's got a nice car ,not on mobillity, which might cramp style. She uses it to get a nice car on HP etc. But on VED- she claimes it is disabled. DVLA check on VRN shows this car is not liable for VED.

But- I've never ever seen the old lady get in the car. Only time I see her go out ,and these it's on frame is to house down thew road.

Something wants looking at.

Me- MR Duck tels me that my problems are groin strain ,and it's now gon on for several months, with leg pain/knee pain etc.. I have problems walking more than a couple of hundred yards ,and then lower back pain sets in . But ,that's the NHS.

The old lady will probably not be in receipt of (Mobility Allowance) DLA Higher Rate Mobility Component,

unless she was receiving it before she was 66years old,

she is to old.

My Mum gets lower rate 'Attendance Allowance' because she is 87,

this is just below the Rate of Higher Rate Mobility Component

& many are like my mother then use it to have a car from their own funds.

Or for their Home Help or care needs or whatever,

the Booky or the Off Licence.

Not Eligable for Exempt Road Tax tho on the Attendance Allowance

I do know some, or actually quite a few around here,

Well Over 66 now but then they have been Disabled since leaving the Police for Early Retirement etc

Maybe ex Shipyard or Lorry Drivers.

still getting Mobility and AA & additional allowances,

Able to go Golfing and Bowling in their Motability £23,000 People Carrier on Free Tax Disc.

Cant expect them to drive a Kia Picanto, they have standards.

george

Edited by sk4gw

But on VED- she claimes it is disabled. DVLA check on VRN shows this car is not liable for VED.

Yup, The tax exemption is not tied to Motability, it's a separate benefit, as long as the vehicle is used solely by or for the purposes of the disabled person. Doesn't require adaptation or conversion to be exempt....can simply be that the requirement is fulfilled by an automatic transmission.

Edited by RainbowFore

Unreal and so out of touch.

Best you come and have a chat with mum and dad then. You'll be able to find out how the scheme really works instead of just copy and pasting from the internet. :p

• Like 2

Yup, The tax exemption is not tied to Motability, it's a separate benefit, as long as the vehicle is used solely by or for the purposes of the disabled person.

might snitch on my neighbour then, her son who is disabled moved out 3 weeks ago. She still has the blue badge, still parks in the disabled bay. Unless she's disabled aswell? Does stupid fall into any class of disability? Her car is apparently powered by fairy dust.
  • Like 2

might snitch on my neighbour then, her son who is disabled moved out 3 weeks ago. She still has the blue badge, still parks in the disabled bay. Unless she's disabled aswell? Does stupid fall into any class of disability? Her car is apparently powered by fairy dust.

Blue badge is something else again. Not a "benefit" per se. (has no direct financial benefit). If she's disabled as well, her picture will be on the badge.

Just had a chilling thought this little twit most likely goes out with his mates abusing car (average mpg 40 odd in a eco) then parks in a disabled bay with his mums badge!!!!! I would flip if I saw him.

Yup, probably, and it'll all be just a laugh to him too. Just like those people who park in a single disabled bay (as opposed to where there are many in a car-park) and then walk away laughing "I'm only gonna be 10 minutes......."

RainbowFore, i have never cut and pasted in my life.

I have been a rep & fund raiser for the a Limbless Charity and fitted Disability controls for 30 years.

So what is it you know that has passed me by since 1977 when i have followed ever change of the Benefits system?

Bought the First Minis and then Metros when they were 3 years old from The Scheme at Auction.

Bought many since.

george

Edited by sk4gw

interesting, it says 'The Blue Badge scheme allows drivers of passengers with severe mobility problems to park close to where they need to go'. They put the disabled bay as far from the entrance as they could!

(unashamedly copied and pasted from the link) ;)

For the man that knows his Tax Exemption, he Will know its Higher Rate DLA Mobility Component or War Pensioner Mobility Supplement recipients that are Eligable.

EDIT

& the Disabled Passenger Scheme which i was not aware of to be Honest.

Or is there anyone else?

& yes, no Adaptation to a Vehicle or even for it to be an Automatic is required.

Its An Exemption Certificate that is issued, not tied to any vehicle,

you just get the V5 Taxation class changed to Disabled on the vehicle the Disc is going on..

george

Edited by sk4gw

RainbowFore, i have never cut and pasted in my life.

I have been a rep & fund raiser for the a Limbless Charity and fitted Disability controls for 30 years.

So what is it you know that has passed me by since 1977 when i have followed ever change of the Benefits system?

Bought the First Minis and then Metros when they were 3 years old from The Scheme at Auction.

Bought many since.

george

And exactly when did the discussion become about conversions and adaptations, which your limbless customers will require? Not your average run of the mill Motability "just drag mum down to Seat" stuff, which is why they're subject to different guidelines (e.g. the lease is 5 years not 3, different funding levels). Even the Motability system has a separate area for them. The original linked posting had nothing to do with adaptations or conversions, which appears to be your area of in-depth expertise. Bet most of your customers will happily settle for something to get around in, let alone something such as the Cupra in question.

Are you just slow?

Since i was 17 and been involved in cars and bikes and trikes we have done adaptions for all types of disability and motorsports.

Track, Off road, Karting, Sidecars, just about everything that can be thought of and some you would never.

We try to help get young disabled on the road at 16 or 17 year old if thats their wish, and they are not wanting a Micra most of the time.

Falkland Veterans were not just after a run around.

You are so full of crap that you are blind to peoples needs.

Yes we have helped Blind Drivers get out on track as well.

The Subject moved a bit from the BOY.

You moved it on then reverted back to the subject as it suits you.

Remember your post about Your Mums needs to suit her Wheelchair bound use and Deposits what she bought ect.

Obviously if your Mum had got a Caddy she would travel alone in it and not have carried Family or Friends!!

You started on about vehicle needs and not for others & wheelchairs and WAV's.

I am an Amputee, but i fitted controls for all disabilities & needs, worked with all types of disabilities, have a knowledge of many disabilities.r

Be it Lights & wipers, pedals or hand controls, Servo Clutches, seating and securing wheelchairs.

Now you talk lots of guff on your limited experience of your Parents and maybe some others.

I now wonder if you are one of these running in someone elses vehicle for your personal use as a nominated driver!

I really suspect thats where your knowledge and experience comes from.

& before you start on my Benefits or Motability car.

I did lease in the past, then started taking the Loan/HP & buying over 5 years having found discounted vehicles that meant i was not loosing out.

Still have 2 of those vehicles now & they have been a bargain in the long run.

12,000 miles was no use for me when i was working and i still needed to run other vehicles for towing.

You used to loose your NCB after 3 years with insurance companies and we campaigned to get them to allow 'no claim bonus' after leaving the Motability scheme.

Lots of people used to keep second cars insured for family use back when it was 12,000 miles a year, and very limited availability of Automatics and high Deposits on them.

george

Edited by sk4gw