Which lights ?

Hi guys need a little bit of help.

I'm interested in replacing my standard Dipped Beam, Main Beam and Fogs with something brighter with a Blue tint. (As i hate the dull yellow! lol)

What bulbs would you guys recommend on getting ?

I cant afford a HID Conversion so only looking bulb replacement.

I already have White/Blue LED Side lights which I love.

post-88815-0-73655100-1343730787_thumb.jpg

I would recommend MTEC cosmos blue 55w bulbs which you can buy from HIDs direct. Have them in both my main and dipped beams, as close as you will get to HIDs for less money IMHO

• Like 1

Autolamps Cobalt II

Price: £12.95 a pair

Contact: (Phoenix Autobulbs) 0844 567 5080, www.phoenixautobulbs.co.uk

Blue bulbs designed to mimic the intense blue-white light of HID gas discharge headlights are popular as replacements. The coating that gives the blue-white look robs a little light, but this pair from Autolamps strikes a good compromise. It matched the plus 50 per cent VisionPlus in the light tunnel. Bigger brand names were close to matching its performance, but none could get close to that super price. The pack also includes two blue sidelight bulbs to complete your car’s lighting makeover.

From Auto Express 2012 Product Test
It was a dead heat between the Narva and Autolamps Cobalt II coated bulbs. The latter gets the nod in the end as it’s cheaper and slightly more consistent.
From AE 2011 Bulb Test

I know a lot of people rave about osram nightbreakers on here, do they give the same sort of tint? I have the same setup as matt already and I too dont like the yellow, thanks! :D

I know a lot of people rave about osram nightbreakers on here, do they give the same sort of tint? I have the same setup as matt already and I too dont like the yellow, thanks! :D

No tint from mine just much better lights.

a HID kits is only about £40 on ebay, my night breakers were £23 :)

Ok cheers, whats the difference between 55w and 100w versions ? and what would you recommend for the fog lights ?

100w as said not for road use and may melt wiring! Have tinted my fogs yellow so the standard bulbs go well with that, unsure of fitment someone else may be able to help, may be a MTEC fitment available.

I've ordered some MTEC cosmos blue 55w. Il put a few pics up when there come :)

Awesome you won't be dissapointed, nice colour light output and distance on the road and look much better than stock bulbs. Had the same bulbs across several of my cars and had no problems. Much easier than messing about with mounting ballasts etc.