Fabia VRS DSG What's it worth?

Can anyone advise me what my car is worth as a trade in or to sell private. It's done 12,000 miles 2011/61 in black magic with cruise and armrest, everything else is standard and is in superb condition with full history.

I have had a massive variation on value but was wondering if there is anyone out there in the know.

Many thanks in advance.

There are ones on Autrotrader now with 'Asking Prices' between £12,000 & £13,000, so allowing for getting them £500 less than that for cash,

£11,500 should buy one easily from a Car dealer.

Starts to give an idea of Prices, but only if DEalers are getting those cars actually sold at that sort of money.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk

Best ask a dealership what they would give to take one in as a Cash Buy, Or if they even would,

probably lucky to get £10,500 offered from them.

& Enquire about trade in prices.

Selling Private gets you whatever you manage to get,

best enquire with a car trader or dealer and see what sort of money they are going to offer. Its the only real way to know.

george

• Like 1

At a rough guess I think a dealer would be looking to sell it on for about 12-12.5k, do if you're px'ing you'd probably get around 1.5-2k less than they would sell it in for, but it would depend on condition & if any work needs doing eg paint correction, tidy up scuffed wheels, tyre wear, if it needs a service etc & of course what the margins are on what you are looking to px it for.

I always wondered how much my one would be worth to it only got 8k on clock and is the s2000 model so not sure if I would get any more cause of that.

sp1ke,

It is not as simple as that, it gets more involved.

'They' might not be interested in adding it to their stock, so the price can be what they can get putting it into Trade if the do not actually want it.

Then if you are looking at a Vehicle in their Stock that is not moving the 'Offer' for yours can go right up.

They may have someone 'in the book' just waiting fo exactly your car, and they could have it away the next day.

If someone can sell vehicles privately for more than Dealers are selling them, then you too can be a 'Trader',

buy from the Dealer & sell to your customer.

*you might be the person they actually do call, when sometimes they are just calling through to the office for that magic price they can offer as a Trade in, because they do sell sometimes to Buyers/Traders, in 'their book' that wants certain vehicles,

other times they pretend to.

Then you need Insurance pay taxes etc if you do become a 'trader'..

If you are happy with a couple of sales a week, you can make a living.

Its how many Dealership owners started out, and how many end up going back to in Semi-retirement.

george

Edited by sk4gw

Not good news from me on this subject - I had an Aug 11 plate Candy white VRS 2.5k miles with good options inc Sat Nav, Heated seats, Climatronic, Black roof and wheels, 3 years free servicing...

Was offered 11k for mine from one dealer.

ended up getting 12k from another.

Had no enquiries from Pistonheads or Autotrader whatsoever in 3 weeks - and I've sold all my old cars privately.. I had it up for £12999

They put it up for sale at £13999 and it was gone within 10 days

• Like 1

'they had it up for £13,999 it was gone within 10 days'

Do you know what they actually got for it tho.?

Did it go to a customer that walked in to them and bought it?

You always ask high, sometimes someone comes in and pays that.

Often they dont.

george

Even if they got 13k for it (I doubt they had to drop it that much - ever tried arguing down a mint low mileage well optioned car that a dealer has had in a week?) which I doubt it was still £1k more than i asked BEFORE haggling and still no-one was interested.

Yes i have tried haggling down,on mint low mileage , well optioned

(that describes exactly every Ex-demo car they need to shift against the new cars they are selling and ones on offer with 'VAT Free' or Special Discount etc.

Cash is King, (unless they are the kind that are not interested in selling if not getting a finance sale)

& ends of Months, Quarters or 6 monthly Registration changes means that right place, right time can get you the keys

for 'much cheapness'.

Obviously not always.

george.

No, some dealers or even most,but thats them that have Easy Finance.

Even they can have 'cash flow' or slow sales.

need to meet a quota or target.

Stock needs to move sometimes or the sales person will be moving.

Best deal is often when its the Senior Sales exec that needs that target met to get his Holiday or bonus.

george

Not good news from me on this subject - I had an Aug 11 plate Candy white VRS 2.5k miles with good options inc Sat Nav, Heated seats, Climatronic, Black roof and wheels, 3 years free servicing...

Was offered 11k for mine from one dealer.

ended up getting 12k from another.

Had no enquiries from Pistonheads or Autotrader whatsoever in 3 weeks - and I've sold all my old cars privately.. I had it up for £12999

They put it up for sale at £13999 and it was gone within 10 days

I saw you car and thought what a good buy it was for someone at £13k and i have just ordered a new one with a same colour and similar option to yours.

Sadly,selling a car privately for cash is never easy,a dealer can offer part exchange and finance and this is what sways the vast majority.

I fully intend to keep mine for 5 years and I've paid to extend the warranty accordingly.

Selling a new car after just one year is always disastrous in terms of depreciation,hence my 5 year plan.

I hope you didn't change beause of oil usage or dsg problems?