so do skoda dealers keep us informed ?

malcster

Been skimming the up forum and a lot of posts are saying there dealers informed of order progress right up to hand over

Usually a phone call a week to update

Kind of got me thinking that a phone call text or even an email would be nice

Ordered my car last week and apart from Wor lass ringing them for an sli number ( which on track my Skoda is less than useless) I get the same response when sticking random numbers in

I've not heard anything to tell that the factory is on summer holiday or anything else

I know its only been a short while since I ordered but have any folks here who have had orders in for a while had any updates

Edited by malcster

I ordered on 22nd June and have had no contact with the dealer for a month.

Not too good if I'm honest, mind you they did say early September for delivery.

I'll probably ring them next week. I need to see the PID and have a demo.

Nope, but I don't really expect them to tell me anything yet. I shall most likely expect an update around the end of August. I was told delivery early to mid September.

Mick

Most dealers have hundreds of cars on order, you can't expect them to phone everyone all the time to update them. They are usually very good if you contact them though.

Trackmyskoda is only applicable to 2 dealers in the UK, whilst this site may look like an official skoda site it is not.

I'd at least like 1 call to follow up on the order.

I ordered on a Saturday and was told by the salesman that he'd call me on Monday to let me know when to expect my car. The guy said he'd get a rough idea off the system Monday morning.

I ended up calling him on Wednesday since he'd not phoned. I left word for him with another sale person but i took until Friday before he called me back.

I've gotta say that the guy and garage as a whole were really helpful and patient when I was in looking at the car. I'd rather I wasn't having to chase them for the info after signing the documents.

Maybe I'm impatient but I'm excited about my new car. The way I see it is he either forgot about me or the sytem takes a week before it gives you a date. Either way, why tell me he'd call Monday? :(

My dealer was ok

She only called me when my car had been built and on a ship to the uk, and then once it had arrived at the dealer yesterday, and have to wait 4 long weeks to pick 'her' up

No problems with our dealer.

He called us 2 weeks after order placed and gave a build week, then called to tell us it had been built and the expected date it would be on the boat.

Bit of a waiting game then but given an estimated delivery date when the car was shown as ready for transport.

It took 2 weeks from then to actually driving off in it.

No problems with our dealer.

He called us 2 weeks after order placed and gave a build week, then called to tell us it had been built and the expected date it would be on the boat.

Bit of a waiting game then but given an estimated delivery date when the car was shown as ready for transport.

It took 2 weeks from then to actually driving off in it.

CFB, so how long from being on the boat until it was available to pick up ? Mine arrived in the UK Friday 3rd, so I'm just wondering how long the wait is from then. I'm between cars for now and all this walking and cycling is leaving me dangerously healthy !

Thanks.

Whilst I'm not expecting a new car, when our cars are booked in for a service, we always get texts to confirm our booking, and then to remind us about the appointment a couple of days in advance. If they can manage this, I'm sure it wouldn't be too much bother to keep people informed along the way. Still, good to keep the dealer on their toes and keep checking on progress.