New guy says hi!

Chugsy

Hi all,

I'm a long time lurker finally joined the ranks after collecting the keys to my new SE (25% off special!)on Friday. Loving it so far - great to have AC after a long spell without :thumbup: as well as the trick windows which never fails to impress :clap: . Sunset glass to the rear is fab - noticed last night I wasn't being blinded by traffic in the rear view and realised it was the tints at work - great stuff! Only issue so far is wrapping my head around the trip computer - anyone know if it's possible to change the digital speedo to MPH not KPH? All other readings are in miles so seems strange to cross back for this one...

And of course, the obligatory photo - lined up against my dearly departed (the salesman didn't mind indulging me one last time :p)

Cheers everyone!

post-94490-0-35475700-1344094123_thumb.jpg

post-94490-0-72891100-1344094124_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chugsy

If you check out the manual (https://mediaportal.skoda-auto.com/resource/documentation/manuals/en/Roomster/11-2011/Manual/A05_Roomster_OwnersManual.pdf) on page 12/13 there is a button that sets the display mode. One function states: Activating/deactivating the second speed in mph or km/h.

Not sure if that's it but give it a stab...

Congrats on the new Roomy!

• Like 1

I stand corrected.

I'm not sure. I think you'll find that there is a function to be able to display MPH reading in digital format on the large central display assuming the newer roomsters have MFD like the Yeti.

If so then you can alter the setup of the display, (essentially telling the car it is in Australia) to read MPH instead of KPH.

The only legal implication is that the unit has the capability to display KPH ;)

I've not worked with VCDS on a new roomster to be able to confirm or deny this is possible.

I'm not sure. I think you'll find that there is a function to be able to display MPH reading in digital format on the large central display assuming the newer roomsters have MFD like the Yeti.

If so then you can alter the setup of the display, (essentially telling the car it is in Australia) to read MPH instead of KPH.

The only legal implication is that the unit has the capability to display KPH ;)

I've not worked with VCDS on a new roomster to be able to confirm or deny this is possible.

I've had this done on my Octavia FL Vrs today and I can swop back to KPH ( from MPH) in seconds

New White Maxi dot needed I think

If you check out the manual (https://mediaportal....wnersManual.pdf) on page 12/13 there is a button that sets the display mode. One function states: Activating/deactivating the second speed in mph or km/h.

Not sure if that's it but give it a stab...

Congrats on the new Roomy!

I'll give it a bosh in the morning although sure I've messed with button 5 loads already - just allows me to change the clock! There's something to be said for the simplicity of my old Mazda, an Odometer and two trip meters... that's your lot!

Cheers everyone

Yep as said by AG you need to have the optional white MAXI-DOT display to change to Mph........also allows other things to be done.......but you need the VCDS diagnostic programe running on a laptop...........defo got to get it well worth the £270ish......

Well 1 thing you will notice that the Roomster has in common with the MX5 is a feeling it is dragging its heels until the revs get into the power range, then it feels like it wants to go as fast as anything. Of course there might just be a tad more body roll in the corners from the Roomster :)

• Like 1

Well 1 thing you will notice that the Roomster has in common with the MX5 is a feeling it is dragging its heels until the revs get into the power range, then it feels like it wants to go as fast as anything. Of course there might just be a tad more body roll in the corners from the Roomster :)

Definitely! I've nearly fallen out of the seat on numerous occasions :p I'm finding first gear a bit lethargic though so need to be careful exiting junctions as I can't floor it to 40 as I used to - then there's that surge in 2nd that likes to try and catch me out usually mid right turn on a RAB - fun! All is forgiven as I'm heading towards 500 miles on the first tank :thumbup: . It acquitted itself nicely on a 4 up road trip to London and back on Saturday - a relaxed motorway cruiser which the Maxda was not! I didn't try the 105 as it wasn't an option but the 85 is plenty good in my book.