damp & mould in a rear footwell- possible causes/implications?

jim_beau

It would be very unusual for a cross-floor cross member to be welded continuously, it is more likely to be spot-welded and to "bridge" any strengthening folds in the floor pan.

Can't blow the picture in #7 up enough to check.

aye

in this other thread on here:-

"Nice video of Yeti production

Started by Andymod, 02 Mar 2012 22:03

in video at abt 1:07mins you can see the Xmember "naked" and the assorted channels etc that continue under it...

mmm.... they match the pattern of the worst mould in the car's footwell - don;t know yet where that moisture's coming from - time for a prod about methinks...

any tips on getting them side trims off the sills Tech1e?

Cheers

Jim

Agreed.

Jim,

The Yeti gets a 3 year warranty from Skoda that transfers to a new owner if it is sold during that period, so if a car has suffered from water ingress it is up to Skoda to sort it out. Just tell them to sort it out.

Agreed.

Jim,

The Yeti gets a 3 year warranty from Skoda that transfers to a new owner if it is sold during that period, so if a car has suffered from water ingress it is up to Skoda to sort it out. Just tell them to sort it out.

no because (as above) if its found to be because of accident damage, or a 3rd party windscreen, or some other non-manufacturing fault/reason then the warranty won't cover it....& I would have to....

Cheers

Jim

Trims just pull up.

But if your looking to buy it just say I'm interested just fix the water leak first. There is no need for you to get involved.

well yes but I'm an old cynical bugger who's had his fingers burned a few times by trusting fleeting acquanitances like car dealers, solicitors, estate agents etc. For the sake of an hour or so I'd like to know the story of what's under them there carpets b4 I buy - wouldn;t you?

mmm friday - Cheers :beer: :beer:

Jim

well yes but I'm an old cynical bugger who's had his fingers burned a few times by trusting fleeting acquanitances like car dealers, solicitors, estate agents etc. For the sake of an hour or so I'd like to know the story of what's under them there carpets b4 I buy - wouldn;t you?

mmm friday - Cheers :beer: :beer:

Jim

But why are you so keen on this car? If I found a problem like that I'd be off after another car.

But why are you so keen on this car? If I found a problem like that I'd be off after another car.

well - so far it ticks many boxes...

...and we don;t yet know what the problem (that you'd be running away from) actually "is"?

hence the detective work, forewarned is forearmed etc etc

Cheers

Jim

Exactly, plenty of other Yetis out there..

Besides anyone selling a car isn't going to let you start pulling things apart before you buy it anyhow. Is it a dealer who is selling it?

I don't intend to do anything other than look and feel...

Cheers

Jim