Hope Skoda UK don't short change the UK on Rapid standard of optional equipment

option of no stereo, manual windows, no frills would be good for £5995

Yes shame the Favorit went out of production in the mid 1990's :giggle:

ok, £7995 is more realistic for only essential equipment like abs and window wipers, etc.

Citigo S 5 door would be just up your street (excuse the pun) :rofl:

TP

You want something for good for almost nothing. You'll be wanting blood, sweat & tears as well shortly.

thought I was being realistic £8000 for a no frills, basic car, no stereo, manual windows, cheap cloth seats. i remember not many years ago it was £7000 for a brand new vw golf 1.6 5 door. have car prices gone up that much..

i remember not many years ago it was £7000 for a brand new vw golf 1.6 5 door. have car prices gone up that much..

You're forgetting inflation, rising costs of oil that have a knock on effect on production costs of all components (be it plastic or metal), etc.

I just think that the finish won't be up to much.

Interestingly EVO magazine wrote this about the Rapid, they didn't rate it on the handling side but seemed to like the rest:

"What’s really clever about the Rapid is the way it’s been engineered down to a price without feeling cheap or nasty: the cabin plastics are on a par with anything you’d find from Ford or Vauxhall"

Interestingly EVO magazine wrote this about the Rapid, they didn't rate it on the handling side but seemed to like the rest:

"What’s really clever about the Rapid is the way it’s been engineered down to a price without feeling cheap or nasty: the cabin plastics are on a par with anything you’d find from Ford or Vauxhall"

It also said it would make a great taxi...