Rust

darfash

Hi

Recently had a puncture and was shocked to see bottom of spare wheel recess in boot had a lot of rust on it, before I get it sorted - are there any other areas which fabia 1s are prone to.

Thanks for any replies.

Best to undo the screws at the back of the wheel arch liners, and pull out the sizeable amount of compost in there. This will hold water against the metal, which isn't a good thing.

Skoda has a 10 year corrosion guarantee..... get it sorted boys!!!

One of those guarantees you can never really claim against, as they'll insist any damage was repaired by a Skoda approved technician, and that routine inspections were adhered to etc.

One of those guarantees you can never really claim against, as they'll insist any damage was repaired by a Skoda approved technician, and that routine inspections were adhered to etc.

The guarantee covers rusting from within so you need to claim when you see the paint bubbling but before the bubbling breaks through the paint. If the surface of the paint is broken then you have no chance - they will say the paint was damaged (stone chip etc) causing the rust. We claimed against this warranty successfully on a six year old Fabia combi and got a new hatch out of it.

Wish there was warranty on the paint, my car has the **** poor quality lacquer peel on the rear spoiler, wasn't there when I bought the car.

It's the only niggling thing about my car and let's it down, guess I shall end up paying some body shop at some point to sort it out.

When it rains it gets underneath the lacquer and I have to squeeze the water out.

Rant over and sorry to OP for going off topic.

Ps. Anybody had just there spoiler painted so iv got a rough idea on costs?

I claimed on my 6 year old VRS last year sucessfully and had around the seal of the boot done. The dealer did try and wriggle out of it but I contacted Skoda UK directly who set them straight. Had a load of hastle with the dealer as im sure they werent pleased about doing the work but they did a awesome job with the painting

Thumbs up to Skoda UK

Always worth a try and nothing to lose

Indeed. If they're not going to allow a claim on the warranty, they should be able to provide a demonstration as to why not (e.g. you can see that a stone hit it *here*). If they can't, or you can demonstrate otherwise, they may have an interesting time should it be alleged that they're breaching the warranty terms (warranty = contract) ...