Who can give me info on EGR MOD

guess what i can. Egr valve - top left of engine cover, looks like flying saucer.

Out of top comes a vac pipe, pull off vac pipe and plug the pipe with an appropriate sized bolt that dont fall out.

Done

you dont need to block the metal pipe to turbo as egr valve is doing that already, by removing the vac pipe it never opens that pipe, thus gases only go out of the exhaust.

Advantages: more power, earlier turbo spooling, no dirty air fouling up intake and engine, engine oil stays cleaner, more mpg etc etc

Edited by Lofty79

or anything that will squash up it to stop it hoovering up crap. It only sucks so it doesnt have to be a super strapped and shackled pressure test affair, a bolt slightly bigger than pipe and just turn clockwise to wind it in.

search elephant mod too, that made a big difference to my car too.

Largely you will find most of this info in search, thats poss why its only been me to reply here, as egr has been done to death, so just make sure to have a wee search for an answer before putting up a thread, that way you will get more attention

Not a problem just a wee pointer, i have had a thread almost identical to this for someone else, so should be easy to find, however, always willing to help mate, either by post or PM

• Like 1

I stuck a blanker plate in between the top of the exhaust manifold and the stainless pipe which goes up to the EGR assembly for good luck. Sort of using the idea there was no point exhaust fumes travelling up the pipe to then get stopped....

I just cut the pipe from between the EGR and the N75, and poked M6 screws up them.... That way when the MOT requires a EGR to be functional in a couple of years you can join the pipe for the test then block it off again....

• 2 weeks later...

Could i but in here, call me stupid but i am also new to this, can this be done on a 2002 octavia vrs petrol ?, and i remember back in the days on the old ford RS, if you cut the pipe for the actuator this will basically over boost the turbo.

Id be chuffed if someone could give me a bit more advise on this as id like to do it for my Vrs skoda 1.8T if is poss,

Cheers

Drew