SKODA UK refusing to accept liability with injector recall faults.

Just to add my missus of 170 leon fr. No stutter problem until injector recall, now on part throttle it's terrible. Ain't gone back to see what they say yet, but denial seems the obvious reply I will have from others experience

Good luck, I reckon Skoda, Seat, VW and Audi all have an automated telephone response.

As soon as the customer service advisors hear the word 'injector' they hit a button which plays a recording explaining to the poor customer that they haven't got a hope in hells chance of getting it fixed because they themselves haven't a clue what the problem is!

Just to add my missus of 170 leon fr. No stutter problem until injector recall, now on part throttle it's terrible. Ain't gone back to see what they say yet, but denial seems the obvious reply I will have from others experience

I`m lead to believe this is the car running in passive regeneration to try and clear DPF. Maybe due to the injector seals faulty and contaminated fuel getting into the DPF?

I`m lead to believe this is the car running in passive regeneration to try and clear DPF. Maybe due to the injector seals faulty and contaminated fuel getting into the DPF?

Passive regeneration won't result in any notable difference in the way the car drives.

Passive Regeneration:

During passive regeneration the soot particles are continuously burned without the intervention of Engine Control Module (ECM) J623.

This occurs primarily at higher engine load, such as in highway driving, when exhaust gas temperatures range from 662°F to 932°F (350°C to 500°C).

At these temperatures the soot particles are converted into carbon dioxide through a combustion reaction with nitrogen dioxide.

Latest update! SKODA UK have agreed to fit new injector seals which is a good result at this stage! My case ended up with the executive customer services manager who to be fair has been great and very customer orientated. They have said they Will look into any other linked issues after inspecting old seals to see if any one is liable or faulty parts.

Hopefully this and oil/ filters change should get my car back to how it was!

• Like 2

I mentioned the requirement for new oil and filters and they say to wait to see if its faulty parts or faulty fitting then a decision Will be made. Maybe they wont find anything obvious but Id expect it all cleaning out. Fingers crossed this Will cure the problems!

I mentioned the requirement for new oil and filters and they say to wait to see if its faulty parts or faulty fitting then a decision Will be made. Maybe they wont find anything obvious but Id expect it all cleaning out. Fingers crossed this Will cure the problems!

So from that they seem to have already decided it is either faulty parts or faulty fitting? So, what concern is it of yours, either way you need new oil and filters and Skoda UK and the dealer can argue the toss over who pays.

Passive regeneration won't result in any notable difference in the way the car drives.

Passive Regeneration:

During passive regeneration the soot particles are continuously burned without the intervention of Engine Control Module (ECM) J623.

This occurs primarily at higher engine load, such as in highway driving, when exhaust gas temperatures range from 662°F to 932°F (350°C to 500°C).

At these temperatures the soot particles are converted into carbon dioxide through a combustion reaction with nitrogen dioxide.

I was going by my friend whos an Audi Master Tech, he said if the car isnt running right and then when it does the passive regeneration it causes it to hesitate. Since ive had the car I`d never noticed anything until now. Think it goes lumpy when the DPF is full and the boost pressure increases to combat the extra back pressure :dull:

Edited by SKODAvrsTDI_STEVE

I think if the boost pressures are being altered then this is no longer a passive regen, this is then an active regen - one instigated by the car.

Passive regen is when the soot is burnt off during normal driving. If your normal driving style isn't enough to keep the DPF clear then this is when an active regen is required.

I ain't no VAG Master Tech though, these guys get a lot of training and are far more clued up than me!

Running well now, the problem is I don't know what they did to fix it, they did have the injectors in and out several times so I'm guessing they finally got them fitted properly after Skoda UK guided them through the process.

Fingers crossed this works for you too!

The leak problem is usually due to incorrectly fitted seals. If the correct procedure is strictly followed, then there won't be a problem.

I've seen a few where the seals were in the wrong positions (despite being colour coded) or have been rolled into position (and twisted) instead of using the assembly sleeves. I've also seen damaged seals (where the tech has driven the injector in using the bolt) and damaged injectors where the groove has been damaged trying to get the old seals out.

The procedure is everything.

Hi Steve, I notice your location is Huddersfield, can I ask if you have been talking to D M Kieth in Huddersfield about this? I called them yesterday and told them That my car had been showing the DPF light roughly weekly since the injectors were changed in February, whereas I had not seen the light once in the previous 4 years. The service chap told me he had never heard of the injector replacement causing this and couldn't imagine how it could cause these problems!

They didn't replace the injectors as they told me at the time they were unaware of any problems despite all the posting at the time on here. A couple of weeks later, my car broke down on the A1 with... injector failure. Funnily enough the RAC man had heard of the injector problems and that was his first check. He then towed the car to Skoda in Lincoln who had also heard of the problem and replaced the injectors under warranty.

Thanks,

Rob.

Just to stress, D M Keith did not replace my injectors, so they didn't mess up with that. They just seem to unaware of any problems with the injectors when I talk to them. This did lead to me breaking down on the A1, but I'll see what they can come up with on Friday when they have my car.

My injectors were replaced by Hortons Skoda in Lincoln (nearest to where I broke down). It is a long way to go there and I have also had a service done there which was not successful so I will try my luck elsewhere...

I'll report back next weekend!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve, I notice your location is Huddersfield, can I ask if you have been talking to D M Kieth in Huddersfield about this? I called them yesterday and told them That my car had been showing the DPF light roughly weekly since the injectors were changed in February, whereas I had not seen the light once in the previous 4 years. The service chap told me he had never heard of the injector replacement causing this and couldn't imagine how it could cause these problems!

They didn't replace the injectors as they told me at the time they were unaware of any problems despite all the posting at the time on here. A couple of weeks later, my car broke down on the A1 with... injector failure. Funnily enough the RAC man had heard of the injector problems and that was his first check. He then towed the car to Skoda in Lincoln who had also heard of the problem and replaced the injectors under warranty.

Thanks,

Rob.

Sorry for late reply mate, yes my car had the injectors fitted under the recall by DM KEith at Hudds so they ARE aware of issues with DPF and oil contamination after recall parts fitted!

Update!

Car has now had new injector seals fitted and they've changed the oil, all covered by Skoda UK which is a result. I just hope its resolved the issues so only time Will tell!

I Will be changing the fuel filter as soon as i get the car home tomorrow as they havn't done that. Hopefully any oil left in fuel lines Will get filtered out so I'll prob change fuel filter again after I've run a full tank of fuel to empty.

Hopefully my story ends here!