Weedons Fabia

weedon

And if you're running an MPI...

...There is plenty you can do to unlock more horses - the key thing is having a friendly MOT man.

If you have that... Then you'd be amazed what you can do with it, provided the pennies and time are there.

Port the head, replace the exhaust manifold with a 4-2-1, decat and large exhaust, replace the injectors, replace the throttle body... Cold air intake to a high flow filter... Cam...

And if you want to get really lairy - send your head off to have the valve seats milled out and put some larger valves in.

And if you really want to go further than the original engine can do... Then it's 1.8T time ;)

What's that you say? An awesome looking Fabia with an Octy VRS sounding engine? Yep. Awesome.

The only downside? You'll need an oil tanker following your loud-ass self around hahaha!

I've not got the money to take it that far tbh mate and if I had. I'd rather save myself the time and just buy a faster car. But that's a nice list of stuff I could probably pick off. What injectors and throttle body would use? And I presume it would need setting up after?

• 2 weeks later...

Got my camber shims delivered and fitted today! tryed one of the schmidt's on for fitment and it makes the car look so much wider at the back aswell as helping with lows. heres a couple of quick pics

camber.jpg

fitment.jpg

after fitting i noticed the rear brakes are binding slightly as the hub has been slightly spaced out by the shim, in the instructions it says that disk brakes may need spacing also after fitting. i fitted a couple of spacers to the carrier bolts to space the hole thing further out but the brakes are still binding. anybody got any other suggestions of what to do? cheers weedon

I am really interested in this ... It is going to help me a lot with what I am doing. How did you do it? From my experience, you have to take out the bearing to do such thing because you can't reach the bolts that mount on wishbone. You are going to need special tools if you are removing the bearings, without damaging it, which are expensive.

cheers dude, you need nothing more then a decent socket set and a few basic tools.

remove wheel (17mm) -> remove caliper and carrier in one (size 8 allen key) and disk (phillips screwdriver) -> remove hub bolt (32mm IIRC) -> pull hub and bearing off in one (muscle power) -> unbolt the 4 bolts that bolt to the axle (16mm) and place the shim behind these and bolt back on...

something in that order anyway, ive probably forgotten a few things with my goldfish memory

• 5 weeks later...

Hi weedon,

Love the fabia! Where did you get the GT Front bumper from? Also how easy is it to install?

Thanks

Got it off ebay dude, was like £30? was really easy to fit, remove the black plastic bumper trimps and the number plate recess and it basicly clips into the recess

Thanks Pal! Do you know the official name/product code of the bumper also? Ive got pictures of your car from the all dubs halloween mate, if you want them?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUINE-SKODA-FABIA-6Y-FRONT-BUMPER-SPOILER-SKIRT-/250586953208?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a582575f8

this is the one i bought dude, and yeah why not send them over

Any more pics of your wheels with the rear camber shims fitted bud?

not yet mate, there staying sat in my bedroom untill this snow is long gone haha

Omg your car is awesome :) if mine could ever look like this i would be so happy :D

thanks alot, im sure it will one day, just keep at it!

This 'fab' ia gets better and better every time I look at the project bit. I believe the shims you use is from a polo. What mark is it from? And what degree did you get?

http://www.venommotorsport.com/manufacturer_product.php?manufacturer=Eibach%20Alignment&category=suspension&product=RearCamber&make=VW&model=Polo%20Mk%207

these where the ones i bought dude, MK7, i set them to the max which i think is 1.5 degree of negative camber

Unreal

appreciated mate!

Not ready to go into any engine transplants just yet, will just run a cone filter, new plugs and leads and possibly a decat, if I can get one made. Focusing on what can be seen ATM though. Just bought myself a vrs front bumper I'm goin to smooth. Not sure whether to give it ago myself or send it off.

I am talking about this :dull:

this is 1 of the best fabias iv seen. low n slow is definately the way forward. great job mate :)

cheers dude, deffinately the way!

I am talking about this :dull:

ahh right, still in the process of smoothing it, just needs a light skim and painting, but ive had so many comments on people telling me not to put it on as its trying to be something its not, and also the GT bumper is quite unique, so might finish the VRS bumper and sell it tbf

ahh right, still in the process of smoothing it, just needs a light skim and painting, but ive had so many comments on people telling me not to put it on as its trying to be something its not, and also the GT bumper is quite unique, so might finish the VRS bumper and sell it tbf

Let me know if u wana sell the vrs bumper when uv smoothed it m8 ;).. dont bother painting it tho lol :D