What Alloys suit the VRS?

Would you have too much trouble with 8's in the rear or does 7.5 fit perfectly in with no rub? The guy in the shop today said that the tyres would have to be stretched on which fit with the whole scene and doesn't bother me, but the last thing I want is rubbing or stickie outie wheels.

what is the optimal before it becomes illegal?

dont get me wrong m8 9's are all good at the back.. with 8's or 7.5's at the front.. all depends on the et really..

but the borbets in that link were 9's all round with a low et making them poke out too much at front..

if u put 7.5's all round they would stick out at the front more because of the hubs on the fabia.. so it always looks better to either space out the rears a bit (using hubcentric spacers) or get staggered wheels..

stretched tyres are a must tho to pull of the kind of wheels ur looking at bud ;-)

Use the right tyres and speedo won't be effected

I was talking to my dads mate today, he was saying the same thing. Go up in size with the alloy, drop the profile of the tyres and it will work out ok. I think I am more worried about them poking out than anything else.

dont get me wrong m8 9's are all good at the back.. with 8's or 7.5's at the front.. all depends on the et really..

but the borbets in that link were 9's all round with a low et making them poke out too much at front..

if u put 7.5's all round they would stick out at the front more because of the hubs on the fabia.. so it always looks better to either space out the rears a bit (using hubcentric spacers) or get staggered wheels..

stretched tyres are a must tho to pull of the kind of wheels ur looking at bud ;-)

So if I were to get 7.5's at the front, and 8's at the rear it would work out fine?

im running 7.5s all round on mine with 195/40 tyres and they needed an extra 15mm spacer at the rear to get them to fit how i wanted..

8's or 8.5's be fine at the back m8.. the important thing is the et... ull be wanting an et around 30-40 if u dont want too much poke.. with 205/40 tyres on the 8.5s and 195/40 tyres on the 7.5s

Thanks guys, I have noted this for when I go to order them. I love the Borbets, I think I will get the centres painted the same blue as the SE.

as said . . its your et that affects the poke ect . .

imo the 16s don't give enough stance, look at the arch gap. . its still pretty big. . and 9j up front is a lil extreme.

Edited by vrs'burks

as said . . its your et that affects the poke ect . .

imo the 16s don't give enough stance, look at the arch gap. . its still pretty big. . and 9j up front is a lil extreme.

But if you drop the back end by say... 40mm, wouldnt it fil the arch a bit more with 16's?

But if you drop the back end by say... 40mm, wouldnt it fil the arch a bit more with 16's?

I've dropped back on mine like 80/90mm on 17s . . coz im running stretch and poke there's tons of room. . got the coil adjusters out and everything . . its clearence at the front that becomes an issue. .

if ur only dropping it 40mm then 17's would be a better option..

u have to run really low on coilies to pull off 16's with a dish

with 16s ya still won't close the gap with coils,as per my last post. . even with adjusters out on 17 s there's space. .

sell him ur air ride. . problem solved :-D

Quick question

I was in my local motor shop today, the guy showed me the Dares, the only thing I didn't like about them was the Dare logo. If I had them, I would be putting a Skoda logo straight over it. I see you have the right idea also.

If you do go for the dare u will need 15mm spacers on the front to clear the calipers otherwise they won't fit, I've left the centers blank on mine but will be going for the bbs stickers.

If you do go for the dare u will need 15mm spacers on the front to clear the calipers otherwise they won't fit, I've left the centers blank on mine but will be going for the bbs stickers.

kinda defeats the object of having a staggered set of wheels the tho don't it. . .if you space the front ones out they'll identical to the back and give no stance.

there near enough the exact same as lenso bsx's . . and they are a direct fit,no spacers needed.