Can you have mudflaps fitted to the Citygo ?

Hudson1

Yep, got that on the VW brochure, but nothing on the Citygo ???

My Danish brochure has them. Item numbers are:

1ST 075 111A and 1ST 075 101A (front and rear at roughly GBP 61,-)

1ST 075 111B (front only - more expensive version at roughly GBP 76,-)

No photos, though. Prices don't include fitting.

Edited by pixel_viking

I picked up my Citigo yesterday (Elegance 75PS in candy white). The dealer was offering a "protection pack", which is the car mats, bootliner and front mudflaps for £95. So yes, you can have mudflaps fitted.

• 3 weeks later...

My dealer has front mudflaps

I bought a pair £21.

They are a bit of a pig to fit as you have to remove front wheels remove lower screws holding wheel arch and fit an L shaped plastic block ( supplied ) which gives rigidity then drill an extra hole in liner.

They are very solid when completed

I have been told by my dealer that you can only fit fronts to a citigo, the rear bumper comes too far down the back wheel. The up has a slightly different rear end

• 3 weeks later...

Has the UP! got plastic rear arch liners? I notice from what Alastair said that a hole needs to be made in the front liners to fit the front flaps. How would UP! rear flaps be fitted without rear liners and without otherwise drilling the bodywork. Is this why the Citigo can't have them at the rear, because there are no liners?

post-61871-13475163450406_thumb.jpg

Think this belongs to a forum member. Appears to have mudflaps front & rear.

Yep - that is the sales managers car at my local dealer. I asked him about them before and he said that they are from th Up and they fit fine. If anyone has any queries I can always ask him. Might take a couple of days though as currently recovering from a motorbike accident.

• Like 1

Yep - that is the sales managers car at my local dealer. I asked him about them before and he said that they are from th Up and they fit fine. If anyone has any queries I can always ask him. Might take a couple of days though as currently recovering from a motorbike accident.

Yes please ask him when you can. I have the front ones fitted, but would like to fit rears if possible. Would like to know how they are secured, given that the Citigo has no arch liners to screw to. I don't know if the VW UP! has liners or not. Just curious how it's done.

Ok will ask him as soon as poss as will want flaps on mine when it turns up at end of month. I'm a bit imobile at the moment but will try and get Mrs to run me up tomorrow so I can ask him.

I'm not going to be able to get up to Dealers today as reliant upon Mrs running me round - currently have broken leg and broken arm from bike accident. I have just spoken to parts dept guy who ordered the Up flaps for the workshop to fit to the Sales Managers car. I was hoping to actually see them and take a close up pic but won't be able to do that for a few days - but they assure me they fitted ok and if course there is pic on the forum. When my car comes I'll just be getting the front flaps as I think the car looks better with just the fronts on their own and they are the important ones. Incidentally - off topic I know but just ordered a set of steel wheels and winter tire - £371 fitted which I thought was ok. I have been getting quoted up to £300 just for tires without wheels

I'm not going to be able to get up to Dealers today as reliant upon Mrs running me round - currently have broken leg and broken arm from bike accident. I have just spoken to parts dept guy who ordered the Up flaps for the workshop to fit to the Sales Managers car. I was hoping to actually see them and take a close up pic but won't be able to do that for a few days - but they assure me they fitted ok and if course there is pic on the forum. When my car comes I'll just be getting the front flaps as I think the car looks better with just the fronts on their own and they are the important ones. Incidentally - off topic I know but just ordered a set of steel wheels and winter tire - £371 fitted which I thought was ok. I have been getting quoted up to £300 just for tires without wheels

Thanks Crista. Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you will mend soon. Maybe you are right about the look with rear ones, having had the advantage of seeing them I think. Still, in time it would be interesting to have the info about them...others expressed interest too. Regarding winter tires.....I don't know of anyone here who fits winter tires. Perhaps it is because historically we don't get a lot of snow. That seems like a good deal though, as long as the tires are good.

off topic I know but just ordered a set of steel wheels and winter tire - £371 fitted which I thought was ok. I have been getting quoted up to £300 just for tires without wheels

Seems expensive just for the tyres. 4 x 14 inch Goodyear Ultragrip 8s = £204.

Rims are usually around £40-£50 each so the package price sounds OK.

Sorry to hear about your accident. :(

Aye apologies as I had hoped to get up to garage today but am reliant upon people ferrying me around at the mo until a bit better. Had a car T bone me on my bike a couple of weeks ago. Was in hospital for 10 days and now mending at home. Broken left leg and right arm and pelvis. That's my biking days over with. New car (Citigo) arrives in 2 or 3 weeks time. Am trying my hardest to get myself fit enough to drive new car when it comes.

Thanks for that Bertie 1. Saves me walking up to the local garage with a broken leg to verify the same. So that's a long standing query finally put to bed. I take it they were VW ones?