maxi dot retro fit

Yes it does matter, the CR and PD require different clusters.

But any PD pre facelift cluster will work, it does not necessarily have to be a vRS one. i had a vRS maxidot fitted to my PD140 Octavia Elegance and it worked perfectly.

• Like 1

That particular part number is coming up against a much later model year, so could be for a facelift model which is not compatible in any way with a 2006 car.

From what I can make out its for a 2010 MY with engine code CEGA.

For FL model there are only 2 clusters available. Petrol & Diesel. It is no matter which diesel PD or CR. I am not sure of FL cluster can be even technically fitted in to FL or vice versa. I got mine for diesel here: http://www.skodateile.cz/index.php?pg=products&menu=%C5%A0koda%7COctavia%20II%28A5%29%20facelift

And dealer fit it for 100euro with no problems at all.

• 9 months later...

thanks for clearing this up so looks like i will have to go to skodateile for mine, they are down until start of september, quite disappointed about this

1st July according to their website - I'm waiting to look some stuff up!

If you want it fitted, the dealer may do it for a large fee, but Eddie_NL can do most cluster swaps. Would be worth PM'ing him to see what else you need to make it as simple as possible.

• 10 months later...