news on oct III on autoexpress today

Bigger and lighter and if it looks like the concept I will be mega annoyed :( I may have to buy the VRS one when it comes out should be about a good time to think of changing car.

The wait for the new octavia is getting beyond the joke. Think I will go and test drive the 2.2d 200hp mondeo.

Wasn't overly impressed with it tbh the Titanium X Sport does look the business though body kit wise, especially in black. But having a normal Mondeo 2.0 TDCI in work I am not impressed with build quality or handling in comparison to the previous models (have owned all previous shaped Mondeo's). Oh and a new gear box at under 30000 miles was a joke. The Titanium X Sport doesn't seem to offer anything remotely as effective as the DSG system on the VAG cars either yet which is a shame. Oh and with car parked by some young oak trees approx 20 years old so tiny the acorns falling off dents all top surfaces thing like it has 30 to 40 trolley dinks on bonnet and roof.....

Stick with VAG IMHO

Mondeos depreciate as fast as stones dropped from a building, having owned several bargains in the past. Reason being they are very common and difficult to sell on unless they are dirt cheap.

Looking forward to the Octavia 3, Octavia MK2 is not that old compared to how long the MK1 was around for.

You cant really tell much from that picture. What i can see looks nice. Dont really think there will be much to worry about. VAG engines and gearboxes are always decent so cant see that changing. Audi wouldnt use crap engines etc and they filter down to skodas so all good. Main thing is how cheap will it be?? Needs to be cheap enough to make it worth while as opposed to opting for VW. Give it time after release before decent discounts are offered then buy one. Or wait for another VAT free deal. That will probably only be at the end of its lifespan though.

Looks ok from the front... and like its been rear ended from the side / rear view.

I did think twice about ordering the current vRS because the options and prices through the scheme at work were better than last year when i looked so thought there must be a new shape in the offing. Based on the pics of the concept i'm not worried.

They featured this in Auto Express a few weeks back as a proper hatchback version of the Octavia or Rapid (can't remember which one it was). From the pics in AE it looked really good, if a little old Focus like, so might be promising for those people who don't like the hatchback with boot lip look.